Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the VQ guys said Barnett looks even better than last year in terms of conditioning and strength and poised for a breakout year.

Reactions: 6 people
-Austin Price

Smith is absolutely having a great camp.

PW, Malone, and Smith are the 3 key receivers with Byrd, Johnson, and Jennings as solid backups.

What's crazy is that the entire WR corps will be intact heading into 2017 (with a ridiculously stout OL to boot).

Whether QD or JG wins the job, they will put up huge numbers due to having so many weapons around them.

Plus I have all the confidence in John Kelly to step in at RB and produce. Should make the transition easier for whoever is QB.

Damn I hate butch has this no going out on he strip during the season rule.

Kids are getting way too many hand injuries Because of it.

I get the hand injuries part is a joke.

But does butch really have a rule about going out on strip during the season? Cause I definitely was at the same bar as most of the team on the strip after a game last year including Dobbs,JRM, and Kamara....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't gotten to see the 7 on 7 Rugby yet. I did see a story on it yesterday I guess and did some reading up on it. Sounds absolutely fascinating. I hope I get to catch some of it.

I think the way I described it after first seeing it was something along the lines of 'if basketball and soccer had a baby and infused it with a substantial amount of American football DNA that would be 7 on 7 rugby.' Some of the stuff they do is crazy and I'm still lost watching a lot of it. The TDs and FGs make sense but not a lot else. However, it's so much fun to watch. It's very fast paced with lots of tackling, only the ball isn't dead when a player is tackled. They grab the ball from whoever is down and keep playing.

I highly recommend it.

But does butch really have a rule about going out on strip during the season? Cause I definitely was at the same bar as most of the team on the strip after a game last year including Dobbs,JRM, and Kamara....

:shhh:

One of the VQ guys said Barnett looks even better than last year in terms of conditioning and strength and poised for a breakout year.

Is it even possible for Barnett to have a breakout year? He's already broken out, imo. But I do love what they're implying. I want Barnett to be such a bad azz that it takes the shine right off the pretender at TAMU.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the way I described it after first seeing it was something along the lines of 'if basketball and soccer had a baby and infused it with a substantial amount of American football DNA that would be 7 on 7 rugby.' Some of the stuff they do is crazy and I'm still lost watching a lot of it. The TDs and FGs make sense but not a lot else. However, it's so much fun to watch. It's very fast paced with lots of tackling, only the ball isn't dead when a player is tackled. They grab the ball from whoever is down and keep playing.

I highly recommend it.

Oh, I want to see it. I guess I just haven't been home when it was on. May have to look it up on the Interweb. Everything I have heard about it says it is more exciting than regular rugby because there is so much more room to work and run with less people on the field.

I haven't gotten to see the 7 on 7 Rugby yet. I did see a story on it yesterday I guess and did some reading up on it. Sounds absolutely fascinating. I hope I get to catch some of it.

Check the NBC website. They're streaming a lot of stuff that isn't going on the air.

Our defense next year will still be filthy.

DE: Kongbo/Smith
DT: McKenzie/Vickers
DT: Tuttle
DE: Phillips/Taylor

LB: Kirkland
LB: McDowell
LB: Sapp

CB: Martin
CB: Moseley/Osborne
NB: Abernathy
S: TKjr/Griffin
S: Gaulden/Warrior/Berry

That's after losing 3 starters to the NFL.

Reactions: 1 person

That may be a rule most of the time. I know back in college after a big win on Saturday, our coach would say we didn't have to report back until Sunday night which meant we could pretty much go out that night to celebrate.

Again I was playing rugby not football in college but at some point it would be the same I bet.

jerry-seinfeld-kramer-pocker-face-Newman-winner-laugh.gif

Reactions: 9 people

Nice! Still want a JUCO DT if Alexis Johnson is done tho

We could certainly win the East twice in a row.

Imagine if we had won last year?

We could certainly win the East twice in a row.

Imagine if we had won last year?

Great chance next year.

7 of our top 8 OL coming back.

Top 6 receivers coming back.

Kelly getting the bulk at RB.

New QB just has to step in and not make mistakes for us to be really good again. Above average QB play and we could be scary good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back