Jalen Tabor Tweets

I'm more upset about McElwain's comments last year after they won. "You just don't lose to TN".

Butch needs to circle it. We need to demolish them.

I can't wait to hear "but we still beat you 11 years in a row" arguments. I will bottle Gator fans' tears.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm more upset about McElwain's comments last year after they won. "You just don't lose to TN".

Butch needs to circle it. We need to demolish them.

I can't wait to hear "but we still beat you 11 years in a row" arguments. I will bottle Gator fans' tears.

Agreed

Reactions: 1 person
He can talk, because he's right. They've owned us. But this is good motivational material to hang in the locker room.

There's no doubt that Tennessee is the better team. They just have to execute.

Reactions: 3 people
I was 2 years old in mannings last season, which just means I look at facts instead of romanticizing him. He was legendary, and only lost to three teams.. it just happens to be that he lost to one of those three teams, three times.

I'm pretty sure that those people you accuse of "romanticizing" Manning are looking at facts too. Like the fact that they were there to experience his time here...and appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure that those people you accuse of "romanticizing" Manning are looking at facts too. Like the fact that they were there to experience his time here...and appreciate it.

I'd give my left arm to have the run he had again. I'm just saying he didn't beat Florida and that's literally all I'm saying. I don't get why that's so controversial.

I'd give my left arm to have the run he had again. I'm just saying he didn't beat Florida and that's literally all I'm saying. I don't get why that's so controversial.

It's not controversial. It's just something that is repeated ad nauseam. The other facts that are important about those games: the atrocious defense and Jay Graham's inability to not fumble in '95, our inability to control the running game, and Spurrier's ownsmanship of Fulmer aren't mentioned nearly as often.

I was 2 years old in mannings last season, which just means I look at facts instead of romanticizing him. He was legendary, and only lost to three teams.. it just happens to be that he lost to one of those three teams, three times.

Judging by your posts, I would have guessed you were 2 years old when Worley was QB, not Manning.

Reactions: 4 people
This is bulletin board material. But let's face it the Florida bulletin board ought to be FULL by now!

Not really. I don't think they wanted the Florida game last year as badly as they will this year.

I think you gotta realize most of these kids didn't grow up as Tennessee fans. They don't have the same focus on the Florida rivalry that fans do.

The Georgia boys like Dobbs definitely wanted to beat Georgia more last year. I know that for a fact. Other guys were more amped for Alabama.

With bulletin board material like this, I guarantee you the Florida game will be #1 on almost every players list of game to get no matter what.

Probably because you give it no context.

Those Florida teams were elite - 1993-96 SEC champs, 95 lost to Nebraska in Fiesta Bowl, 96 national champs over FSU.

Florida under Spurrier was at their peak during Manning's time on the hill.

"@_31Flavorz: "They" picked UT to win the east the last 3 years"

"@_31Flavorz: I feel sorry for "they""

"@_31Flavorz: We'll make it 12 years in a row this year ,"

"@_31Flavorz: Might as well bring the sheriff out of retirement"

"@_31Flavorz: 😒 too bad he didn't have any luck against the gators"

My question is why do you follow a Gator on twitter :loco:

"@_31Flavorz: "They" picked UT to win the east the last 3 years"
"@_31Flavorz: I feel sorry for "they""

"@_31Flavorz: We'll make it 12 years in a row this year ,"

"@_31Flavorz: Might as well bring the sheriff out of retirement"

"@_31Flavorz: �� too bad he didn't have any luck against the gators"

He must be referring to ping-pong or something b/c UT hasn't been picked to win the east in anything as far as I know - (as sad as that is)

It means you have zero understanding of those games. Is it about facts like Fulmer completely changing game plans based on game week comments by Spurrier, giving up 60+ points on defense, etc.?

You claim facts yet bring nothing to the table. Just another kid playing fan on the Internet whose only purpose is to take shots at "your team". Lots of you popping up lately and it's a complete joke

Seems like I remember Lowe being an ok poster at one time. Then one day he woke up striving for the attention a negavol gets. With a new hero in Catbone, he hasn't looked back since.

Just putting it here for the masses. In my opinion, he's right with everything he's said.

Then you're just as wrong as he is. Tennessee was not favored to win the SEC East the last 3 years. The rest of what he said is just a matter of opinion or some stupid reference to Manning whom Jalon Tabor is not old enough to have seen play in college. We will see if they make it 12 in a row... Fwiw, I think he's wrong.

Last edited:
Just wait until the week before the game. I bet they are going to talk cash **** to get in our head even more than usual. I just hope that our guys keep it between the ears and don't commit a bunch of stupid personal fouls. That's exactly what they want. It's going to get chippy.

You can paint it up however you like, but regardless of what you say, '95, '96 and '97 were all losses to Florida.

My purpose isnt to "play fan." If I was going to pretend to be a fan of a team, I'd pull for someone who's been winning the past 10 years.

I am a true Tennessee fan, and have season tickets that I spend pretty much half my income to get (live at home, so my pay is all disposable). However, I'm not going to pretend he's wrong just because I'm a Tennessee fan.

No. The reason that most bored/immature people pretend to be the fan of a team is so they can troll their site which is exactly what you have done in this thread... That is, unless you can point to even ONE publication that has picked Tennessee to win the SEC East the last 3 years... Name just one publication (with a link) and I will apologize for calling you a troll.

Not even our ultimate homer magazine "Football Time In Tennessee" published and edited by Don and Steve Carringer picked Tennessee to win the SEC East last year...

Volume 28 of "Football Time In Tennessee" with Joshua Dobbs on the cover (page 118) had the following predictions for the order of finish in the SEC East:

1) Georgia
2) Missouri
3) Tennessee
4) South Carolina
5) Florida
6) Kentucky
7) Vanderbilt

...keep in mind that "Football Time In Tennessee" will pick us to win the division if the Carringers think there is even a slight chance of that...If they don't pick us, nobody usually has.

It means you have zero understanding of those games. Is it about facts like Fulmer completely changing game plans based on game week comments by Spurrier, giving up 60+ points on defense, etc.?

You claim facts yet bring nothing to the table. Just another kid playing fan on the Internet whose only purpose is to take shots at "your team". Lots of you popping up lately and it's a complete joke

LOLOLOLOL as a 23 year old I'm going to say STFU. You're referring to the generation that's been through the worst era Tennessee Football has endured as, "lots of you popping up, and another KID playing fan."

Histerical. For more than half my life the Vols have been atrocious. Don't hate the younger generations for who they are because you, older people, left the world for us as it is today and led the way.

Attitude reflects leadership captain,

Signed,

Lots of me

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 317
Reactions: 13 people

VN Store

Back