Sweeping Sexual Assault Suit Filed Against UT

no poll

• Total voters
There are about 20 comments that have been posted on Tennessean web site about the article and vast majority are anti Tennessean on a slanted and one sided article.

I'm afraid they are getting what they want. Any sort of interest in what they write is them getting what they want, even comments trashing them.

Reactions: 2 people
I am just shocked people don't understand the media! All they are doing is reporting facts!

Seriously, this is just another long list of examples the media does for their own sick agenda. It's not about reporting the truth, it's about creating conterversy to sell papers. The media today is totally disgusting and they do nothing but promote propaganda. So what, Jones called someone two times, this proves NOTHING. What it does is create speculation and destroys people's character. All I can say is I am fed up with this crap!!!!

:banghead2:

This guy gets it! Absolute trufe.

CBJ has been confident in his responses to date. He knows he called Bowles and I have no doubt he called him a "traitor". It's just not for the reason the media wants you to believe. Once the lid gets blown off in regards to who all the players are, you will see that basically all the stories line up. Butch's confidence will make sense, the lawyers selective portrayal of Bowles testimony will make sense, the reason for calling Mr Bowles will make sense...it will all line up, the reason Bowles "cried" will make sense as well. It's not that hard people and trust me there is a silent minority reading these boards that know exactly what I'm talking about. No one just wants to be the one that said too much.

Please do tell. Your words will be handled with the utmost care around here. :crazy:

Actually, I'm not sure it all will come out. That would happen if this went to actual trial by Jury. Can't really see that happening. Either UT settles, the case is tossed, or accusers walk IMO. Then it will all be publically locked away forever and rumors will be established as history.

Who Butch Jones calls on his phone (along with pretty much everything discussed up to this point) is all such a distraction from the fact that the lawsuit is supposedly about illegal sex discrimination by UT.

Of course, it's also ridiculously stupid because, as others have pointed out, it's perfectly acceptable (and actually important) for Butch to make some phone calls to try to sort this out and be proactive.

Reactions: 1 person
Stop reading anything the Tennessean puts out don't read it online or anywhere else boycott the sob.

CANCEL subscription if you have it; I did in January. Don't click on their stories. It's all tripe. Consider the source.

Attachments

• Anita Wadwhani Tennesseean write.jpg
    Anita Wadwhani Tennesseean write.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 281
Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, but they show he called Bowles, and then called him back just a few minutes later, which correlates with Bowles story of coach calling him a traitor and then calling back to apologize.

That exchange was supposedly in a face to face meeting IIRC.

The (nashville paper's) home page is now showing a story claiming to detail Butch Jones phone records which it claims show calls to (player). Large prominent picture of a frowning Butch is attached.

This may just be the tennenessean's subtle way of reminding us that the Plaintiff + key Plaintif Witness, very oddly, BOTH lost their phone records (while Coach Jones maintained his). I like that Coach Jones quickly responded to the article with the facts as he knows them.

Some of my thoughts

-Butch Jones is in charge of the football program. Football players were involved in a situation. Potentially very serious situation. Why wouldn't he call them?

-Butch Jones is paid millions and is trusted by the entire athletic department and university to know what is going on with his players and would be heavily scrutinized for not. Why wouldn't he call them?

-Butch Jones is or should be sort of a "father figure" or "family figure" to all of his players when they are under his watch at Tennessee (their home away from home). By default the staff and particularly Butch accepts this role. Wouldn't your parents or care givers or guardians call you if you were involved in something like this to try to get to the bottom of the matter? I would hope your's would. Mine sure as hell would and much worse. Why wouldn't he call them?

-Butch Jones is responsible for making well informed and appropriate decisions regarding the care, well-being, and/or possible recourse/suspension of his players while they are under his responsibilities. Wasn't he doing this following the paper trail of phone calls? Reaching out to all involved at the time? Why wouldn't he call them?

-Butch Jones also displayed a lot more patience than I would. My phone records would have shown dozens of calls to all involved. Why wouldn't he call them?

-Butch Jones would be publically crucified had the phone records indicated that he called no one regarding this matter. Why wouldn't he call them?

-Butch Jones is in a no win scenario with the Tennessean and can do nothing right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
You are 100% right, I can't believe we have a "Sub-system" in America that up-holds Guilty until Proven innocent, however; it must be pointed out, (according to the large number of experts on this board) CBJ has suspended Every player-without exception-that has had accusations made against them. CBJ isn't "investigating" and deciding who's guilty, in Every case the play is benched. He is in a weird situation, if he benched some and not others, then he is in fact deciding "guilt", but he has been fair and level in his dealings-accusations made-player benched-he doesn't wait until the end of the season etc., he steps up.

In situations of a sexual nature against females, the system has been that way for a long time. I had a friend that had to leave ETSU back in the early 90s because " she changed her mind " a few days later.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, but they show he called Bowles, and then called him back just a few minutes later, which correlates with Bowles story of coach calling him a traitor and then calling back to apologize.

Go out on a limb much? Good grief....

There are about 20 comments that have been posted on Tennessean web site about the article and vast majority are anti Tennessean on a slanted and one sided article.
That's because most Vol supporters and fans refuse to honor the Tennessean with clicks, 'eff 'em!!!

The Tennessean home page is now showing a story claiming to detail Butch Jones phone records which it claims show calls to Drae Bowles. Large prominent picture of a frowning Butch is attached.

This story was started in the hometown Knoxville News Sentinel as THEY were the ones who requested the phone records from the Open Records Act... As much as people want to blame the Tennesseean for THIS one, it's more likely the home town paper. IMHO

The odd part to me is that law enforcement called Butch "hours before" they searched the apartment (according to the article). If you're a defense attorney, you're gonna be all over that.

This story was started in the hometown Knoxville News Sentinel as THEY were the ones who requested the phone records from the Open Records Act... As much as people want to blame the Tennesseean for THIS one, it's more likely the home town paper. IMHO

Ive read stories from both Knox and Nash papers and the Knox paper has done a much far balanced reporting on this entire mess. I cant blame papers for getting the phone records. They are such to Open Records law I guess. Why Butch doesn't have his own personal phone for personal calls is beyond me.

If any coach in the country gets a call from a player about a possible situation like this, who else is the coach gonna call but the police chief, if he knows him and CBJ does, the players who were there, etc. A lot of talk about nothing thus far.

This is the most rediculous story to date..that CBJ wouldn't call to get the story directly from people it happened to?

But somehow now just talking to people means your trying to cover something up is just downright outlandish.

VN Store

Back