If Butch were to get fired...

I think that this process will move rather slowly but I would be surprised if bUTch was our coach 12 months from now.
I see him completing next season but in Feb. or March being fired. Of course, he won't resign!

In the beginning, we didn't think that Bruce had anything to worry about. Just a cookout at his house. A non story, right?

I think bUTch is a good man but I also think that in the heat of the moment, he MAY have said it, even though it is out of character for him to do so.

Why do you assume that? Its obvious part of the lawsuit is BS....the Peyton Manning stuff is ridiculous and Bowles already lied about the assault...IS any of this trustworthy so far?

Reactions: 1 person
"We're done"? What does that entail? Shutting down the program? :glare:

No, but you can forget about winning the east for a while. Done as in back to 8-4 or 7-5. The
repercussions of this whole thing is potentially devastating. You'd have to be in total denial
not to understand that.

No, but you can forget about winning the east for a while. Done as in back to 8-4 or 7-5. The
repercussions of this whole thing is potentially devastating. You'd have to be in total denial
not to understand that.

Ye...Like 2017 recruiting will not be helped by this regardless of the outcome...other coaches will be using it as a recruiting tool for their school.:hi:

If Butch can win big he's probably out of here on his own accord and no one would be able to blame him.

Good luck finding a coach willing to come with with limp d*ck administrative leadership and rogue current/former womens athletic administrators.

Reactions: 3 people
i think we'd be able to find plenty of coaches willing to step up to the plate. Coaches would look at the roster and think the stage is set to win. I don't think perception would be a huge issue as Butch leaving ultimately would settle the major institutional issue. I think Herman would need to be the first phone call (well that is after the customary Gruden call) lol

Each and every time that we had a head football coaching vacancy, we all thought that we would get a "cream of the crop" coaching hire. It never happens though.
We see U.T. football in the way that others don't see it. It is like a parent seeing their child a certain way, when others see their child from an opposite view point.
Lovie Smith, Butch Davis, Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Will MusChamp and a long laundry list of others have turned us down or shown no interest in an opening as the head football coach at U.T.
In fact, this even carries over in basketball. Bruce left the men's basketball program in good shape. We were in the national headlines for winning alot. Fan support was great and the team exceeded expectations on the court by beating Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma State & Kansas on national t.v. Yet, when Bruce left, we literally had to hire the 20th person on the list.
Should bUTch no longer be our coach, due in part to this situation, the A.D. will hire a grandfather figure type coach and not put winning as much of a premium as it is now. They will have to restore the image first. So, hiring someone like Snyder at K State or someone like Mack Brown will likely be the solution to any bad image we may get as a result of this.
However; as of now, I don't see any of those things happening. Should this situation continue to make headlines, and bUTch is proven to actually say what is alleged, then bUTch will be fired after next season is completed.
I doudt this happens though.

not to understand that.

Are we going to have to kick talent off the team? If not, I don't see how our chances of winning are being affected. Maybe you don't understand football and are in "denial" yourself? :hmm:

I know it's very early to be making these assumptions but you all have to realize that if this is true at all about BJ doing anything to tamper/hide the truth, he'll be history.

This.

If he indeed did tamper (which nothing seems to be reported) with evidence, along with telling Drae what he did...then he should be gone. Not will, but should.

I hope he stays, but dang things could get darker than ever.

not to understand that.

Wow really? Are we magically going to lose every returning starter from last year? Or are you assuming UT is going to fire Butch? Why would/should they? So far none of this can be proven, even if it is proven, what was his reason for saying it? For all we know he might have thought Bowles was the one who assaulted the girl before finding out the truth. Then yes I could see how he might have said he betrayed the team.

I just find it awfully convenient that this now comes out after how long now since the first filing? Did Bowles just have a case of amnesia when asked about this before? If he saw the writing on the wall and knew he was going to have to transfer away then why wouldn't he say something then? He would have no reason to keep quiet at that point.

This whole thing is a straight up smear campaign against UT, and now they're trying to up the ante by alleging that Butch said this. What better way to try and force the university's hand on a settlement? Nothing so far with any of the incidents that have happened has Butch not done anything, he has gotten rid of everyone who's had some kind of issue come to light within either hours or the next day.

But no you keep telling yourself that this is the end of the world :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
If Butch were to get fired (and no, I certainly don't think it's going to happen), the best way to handle it would be to dump him and anyone else who had knowledge of these incidents as soon as possible (of course, this is assuming there is actual proof), and making one of the current guys on staff the interim coach. The absolute worst thing would be letting this drag on for a year and half and dumping him at the last minute.

This.

If he indeed did tamper (which nothing seems to be reported) with evidence, along with telling Drae what he did...then he should be gone. Not will, but should.

And where exactly did he tamper with anything? You mean when he kicked off his star LB when he needed him the most? Or when he kicked off his play making WR because he was accused as well? He even kicked off arguably the best WR on the team.

I'm not exactly sure where anyone can point at an incident and say that Butch didn't handle it the right way.

soon_(1).jpg

This.

You're a Kentucky fan.

I really love this "panic first, sort things out later" society we live in today.

Go back and read your own posts people......they all include things like...IF Butch did this...IF Butch did that.....IF the University.....IF..IF..IF.

They are allegations in a lawsuit. Nothing more, nothing less right now. Why do people want to start off with the worse case scenario? Don't give me the whole "we're speculating and discussing because it's what you do on a message board" crap either. You're all being a bunch of whiny little b******.

Let's see what happens before we start with the mattress burning. Just remember, if you burn your mattresses too soon, the only ones that win are the mattress stores.

Reactions: 2 people
This seems like a good time to point out again that the only thing we know about Drae is he's willing to lie under oath.

Thanks.

if he gets fired, UT needs to get some big money together and go after gruden or peyton for head coach! pay them whatever they want--it will be worth it!

VN Store

Back