'16 AL WR Velus Jones (Transfer)

Committed to USC....again
From Twitter:
I have made my final decision to attend the University of Southern California and I'm ending my recruitment FIGHT ON!

Wow. Maybe OU said, Velus committed to us? Who took his commitment? Room goes quiet.

Kind of funny. On 247 his commitment was still showing on the front page. So new it had not even dropped off. They just had to change it from OU to USC.

Last edited:
Some of you smh. I would have loved to have had Jones. I like that we got Callaway and would not trade him for anything. However, lets not pretend like because he seemed to flip flop that he is not a good recruit. He would have been dynamic in our offense.

Some of you smh. I would have loved to have had Jones. I like that we got Callaway and would not trade him for anything. However, lets not pretend like because he seemed to flip flop that he is not a good recruit. He would have been dynamic in our offense.

I would have been fine with Jones being a Vol. Kid is talented. Flipping that quick probably means he thought he had a spot at OU and just waited too long.

Shortest flip in history? There was a basketball player who committed to Cuonzo and then flipped the minute he chose Cali.

Did he just flip the day after he went public with his commitment??? Good Lord this kid.. 🙄

Committed to Oklahoma

Flipped to Clemson.

Committed to USC....again
From Twitter:
I have made my final decision to attend the University of Southern California and I'm ending my recruitment FIGHT ON!

clint-eastwood-staring.gif

Reactions: 6 people
With Vaughn's and Pittman already signing with USC, he is really going to be another backup. Poor decision on his part, if a ut offer is still good he would be foolish to pass it up as his route to the field is shorter.
May not be a spot left however

With Vaughn's and Pittman already signing with USC, he is really going to be another backup. Poor decision on his part, if a ut offer is still good he would be foolish to pass it up as his route to the field is shorter.
May not be a spot left however

No one knows who will be what until they hit the campus......

VN Store

Back