Will Curt Maggitt get a Medical Red Shirt?

I don't see why he wouldn't apply. He needs to demonstrate an ability to complete a season to have any valid shot at an NFL career.

It would have to be approved under "special circumstances".
Which is extremely rare but possible. He has been injured almost every year.
His playing time has been limited beyond any normal circumstances, which would make him an ideal candidate but the NCAA pretty much gets every single item brought before them wrong.... So, while he is the perfect example, no, the NCAA would mess this one up also.

Kinda like expecting congress to do the right thing.

I believe this is what I read before. Not positive. I don't hear much about him trying, so my guess this is the truth.

HIs injury is horrible because any of the players who are draft eligible will not want to return for their senior season and risk an injury like the one that happened to Maggitt. I am thinking that Cam is gone after this season.
Why risk an injury by playing your senior season, and risk your draft stock falling when you can be drafted high as a junior??????

Some of these kids really embrace the college football expierence, remember a guy called Peyton Manning

HIs injury is horrible because any of the players who are draft eligible will not want to return for their senior season and risk an injury like the one that happened to Maggitt. I am thinking that Cam is gone after this season.
Why risk an injury by playing your senior season, and risk your draft stock falling when you can be drafted high as a junior??????

Don't think Sutton is first rounder. Think its a situation like Witten where stock dips some. However, being drafted I'm round 2 or even 3 (I think is goes round 2) wlis still worth leaving for imo. Wittwn made it up by performing and getting the $

Has he given up on the idea of applying for a sixth season medical hardship?
If so, would his hip be healed enuf to play in a bowl game?

I don't see why he wouldn't apply. He needs to demonstrate an ability to complete a season to have any valid shot at an NFL career.

He completed a season...last year. Cobbling together another will have no bearing on scouts. If he had strung two consecutive? That WOULD'VE. He's bled,sweated and hurt for us 5 years now. IMO he's ready to move on.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't think Sutton is first rounder. Think its a situation like Witten where stock dips some. However, being drafted I'm round 2 or even 3 (I think is goes round 2) wlis still worth leaving for imo. Wittwn made it up by performing and getting the $

The combine and pro days make you or break you for first round status. Sutton declares and trains for the shorts Olympics, and I bet he grades out well enough to land in the top two rounds.

In your opinion. It made it sound like it was guaranteed. I don't trust the NCAA in anything anymore. I hope he gets a 6th year but I am not counting on it.

Yes it's my opinion based on a firm knowledge of the medical RS rules.

I would bet a years salary to win a dinner on he gets a 6th year if he wants it

If Maggit got the RS do you think it would better for our D if he played OLB?

With Vereen (who's been great lately), And Phillips rotating opposite Barnett our front 7 would then be...

Barnett, Tuttle, Mckenzie, Vereen (Phillips)

Maybin, Kirkland, Maggitt

If Maggit got the RS do you think it would better for our D if he played OLB?

With Vereen (who's been great lately), And Phillips rotating opposite Barnett our front 7 would then be...

Barnett, Tuttle, Mckenzie, Vereen (Phillips)

Maybin, Kirkland, Maggitt

Good question. He didn't look good at all at LB in his limited play this year

Maggitt's situation is why a medical RS is offered-- a documentable injury that occurred in Week 2 and kept him out for the season. Whether or not he wants to come back is the real question. He's injury prone and might want to try and make some money instead of risking another serious injury at the collegiate level.

If he's ready to move on, hopefully, he can play Senior Day and a bowl game before calling it a career at UT.

Has anyone heard anything or know when it will be said?

Sorry if this has been posted. It's looking like he is out for the year and I didn't know.

Many thanks.

He might have a chance to be drafted late if he gets invited to the combine and shows well, but I have to think the odds are long.

He might have a chance to be drafted late if he gets invited to the combine and shows well, but I have to think the odds are long.

He's a 2nd rounder that is falling to the 5th-6th because of injury concerns. I don't expect him to fall out of the draft all together.

He's a 2nd rounder that is falling to the 5th-6th because of injury concerns. I don't expect him to fall out of the draft all together.

2nd round? Negative. Not even if 100% healthy, which is laughable in and of itself.

Also, he's not "falling" anywhere. He was never going to be drafted in the early rounds. He's far too slow.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back