McElwain Vs. Butch/Dooley

volmandu

It is sad but McElwain has achieved much for in his first five games for Florida than Butch and Dooley did in Six years.
He already has 3-0 SEC start which Butch and Dooley never saw.
He has now a win against Top 5 program which neither of our guys did.
He has already beaten two teams which he was not supposed to this season. Which Butch and Dooley only matched (2 SC games) in two seasons.

With Freshmen in Oline, unproven QB, not enough talent on WRs, average RB and good defense, McElwin is out there winning. He is not complaining about 'youth', 'rebuilding process' etc.

I hope Florida goes 5-7 from here on. It just sucks to have our luck. It may be Fulmer's cruse or something man.

Reactions: 14 people
It is sad but McElwain has achieved much for in his first five games for Florida than Butch and Dooley did in Six years.
He has already beaten two teams which he was not supposed to this season. Which Butch and Dooley only matched (2 SC games) in two seasons.

With Freshmen in Oline, unproven QB, not enough talent on WRs, average RB and good defense, McElwin is out there winning. He is not complaining about 'youth', 'rebuilding process' etc.

I hope Florida goes 5-7 from here on. It just sucks to have our luck. It may be Fulmer's cruse or something man.

I said on here it was a good hire. He worked with saban awhile and went to Colorado st to hone his skills. He built a winning team there and now is ready for the big stage. Florida gets it. Unfortunately.

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't know what to make of Butch until this year.

The one thing I will say on Butch's behalf is he at least has upgraded the talent level of the roster.

But, he also has missed out on a golden opportunity for Tennessee.

If Florida has found their guy, then Florida will only get better and the East will not be as easy as it has been.

Reactions: 3 people
I didn't know what to make of Butch until this year.

The one thing I will say on Butch's behalf is he at least has upgraded the talent level of the roster.

But, he also has missed out on a golden opportunity for Tennessee.

If Florida has found their guy, then Florida will only get better and the East will not be as easy as it has been.

Hard to see us beating you guys in the future if we don't next year.

You guys dominated tonight. It was impressive.

As far as coaches go McElwain and Dooley/Butch, UF has a coach who has the magic to get his team winning.

Butch has a lot of excuses.
Too young
It's not my fault and on and on

Last edited:
He may be right, but it doesn't mean he isn't a douche canoe.

He should go celebrate with his UF fans in his board.

probably not as much fun as kicking a team when their down I guess. I have never been on another teams board and have no desire to.

Hate to admit it, but I think Florida did good in hiring Austin Powers, I mean Mcelwain. Muschamp is not head coaching material. Sounds like he let them run amuck.

meh...we'll see...every year or week it's someone new with you guys

Malzah first year....genius....how's that looking now?

Freeze....his teams are like yo-yos...same with Mullen

Mcelwain....just might be a good one but he's definitely benefiting by inheriting one of the strongest D's in the country....only time will tell...

VN Store

Back