Recruiting Forum Football Talk XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htoT5tZjXrc

This video of Butch going over the Maxims with the team before the UGA game in 2013 always stood out to me. I remember seeing it on the broadcast and just being really impressed by his command of the locker room.

Man that gave me chills. That's really the game that got me believing.

He will win big here. It's just a matter of time now.

That is what a great football coach looks like in a room with his team before a big game. That was not a very talented team, but he got every drop of potential out of them that day.

Talent is no longer an obstacle.

I would run through a brick wall for that man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
So I have an open request for you guys. Will someone please upload every game to youtube this year.

This. Please. As someone moving 10+ hours the wrong way from Knoxville, I am begging for someone to upload games so I don't have to invest in DVR for the Saturdays I have to work during the games.

Reactions: 1 person
Have we been sleeping on this kid a bit? Nobody has said a word about him, but he had his stripe removed before several that we expect to be huge contributors for us - some sooner rather than later.

What do we expect from Boulware going forward?

Pretty sure he has been given pretty good reviews in some reports. Sounds like he is going to be a guy to figure into things pretty quickly to me

@wesrucker247: Butch: #Vols OL combinations could change game to game based on matchups. That's ... interesting.

Yikes.

Coach speak for trying to keep kids interested in fighting for playing time IMO.

We don't need guys that have been rumored unhappy jumping ship and this gives them hope.

Coach speak for trying to keep kids interested in fighting for playing time IMO.

We don't need guys that have been rumored unhappy jumping ship and this gives them hope.

Could be. Wiesman apparently got reps with the 1s on the OL today.

That sounds not promising.

But it doesn't necessarily mean they're all bad. Just that there isn't a clear 5 at this point.

I think he knows that some of these freshmen are the most talented linemen on the team, but he's not sure how they'll do in a live game. This could be his way of explaining how he is going to get them into games. Let them play without naming them a starter. Hopefully by the Florida game we'll have a clear 5.

Question for the forum: when Tennessee is back, does it look more like Alabama under Saban or UGA under Richt?

Based on our past history, I lean towards it looking more like UGA under Richt, with maybe an extra SEC Championship or two, and hopefully playing in at least one title game in the next 5-10 years. But I get a sense in all these debates about expectations that some posters think it should look like Bama under Saban.

Jmo
Tenessee with Cutcliff as OC is what I'm hoping for...
Top 10 Defense

:)

:hi:

:salute:

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah volnation's meme game is stale. Should try to bring some more life into it.
Now I'm off to hide from Freak.

There was time back in the Dooley years when memes of women with much to offer and very little to conceal were staples of volnation

Yet it still doesn't feel right to call those the good ol days

Reactions: 4 people

My question is: Do the receivers that get to be in on the first play of the game get some kind of special reward or something? The way we will rotate receivers it won't matter who gets in first play. Pick your poison. Every one we have can play and will a lot. Not directed toward you, bruin. Just an added commentary. Would be interested in your continuation, though. :hi:

My question is: Do the receivers that get to be in on the first play of the game get some kind of special reward or something? The way we will rotate receivers it won't matter who gets in first play. Pick your poison. Every one we have can play and will a lot. Not directed toward you, bruin. Just an added commentary. Would be interested in your continuation, though. :hi:

Yes it doesn't matter really.

I was just curious who he might get the knod over. Maybe north because of the injury or Pearson because he missed so much time.

I'd wager the starters get a much higher percentage of snaps. We don't rotate THAT much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back