UT Leaders Defend Dave Hart

This is probably a PR job by the administration but any fair person should give it a read--there are valid points brought forth by several of the individuals.

Why learn anything? It's easier to just call him Bama Dave who just hired Bama Barnes.

Tearing down is easier than building up.

Reactions: 1 person
Very good, eye-opening article. People who have complained about the Lady Vols losing their identity through their logo should actually be proud they were able to keep it as long as they did. Tennessee and Texas were among the pioneers at promoting women's athletics, and consequently, are two of the last schools to have a separate women's athletic department. Most other schools would have unified the men's and women's programs into one department years ago without giving any consideration to the success of the women's programs.

Reactions: 3 people
This is such a silly article. The problem people have had with it is the way it was done. The one "lady" athletic department employee talked about the Lady Vol logo being divisive but didn't really explain how or why. Then she talked about a couple of "sad" current Lady Vols. What a poorly written silly article. These are tactics that bureaucrats use to justify their decisions. So, why did Hart lie about the whole process? Why has Hart refused to release the emails between his department and Nike? And, what do these two AD employees have to do with anything other than the fact that they are women and they are current employees? The answer is nothing. Let all former and current Lady Vols be heard on this issue if you're not afraid Dave.

(Also, Rivals, stop with the silly puff pieces.)

Reactions: 6 people
FWIW, Angie Boyd-Keck is also Executive Director and COO of Combe, Inc. - the company that manufacturers and distributes Just for Men hair coloring products.

FWIW, Angie Boyd-Keck is also Executive Director and COO of Combe, Inc. - the company that manufacturers and distributes Just for Men hair coloring products.

So, she works in the AD and also for this company?

So, she works in the AD and also for this company?

Sorry, I should've used blue font.. It was a lame attempt at humor considering Bama Dave clearly owns stock in JFM based on his ridiculously unnatural-looking headpiece. meaning she would feel obligated to defend him...

I actually got a chuckle out of it after I posted, because even more ironic is the "just for men" vs. "lady vols" angle..

Sorry, corny I know :)

Very good, eye-opening article. People who have complained about the Lady Vols losing their identity through their logo should actually be proud they were able to keep it as long as they did. Tennessee and Texas were among the pioneers at promoting women's athletics, and consequently, are two of the last schools to have a separate women's athletic department. Most other schools would have unified the men's and women's programs into one department years ago without giving any consideration to the success of the women's programs.

The Lady Vols athletes & fans aren't protesting combining the two athletic departments. Never have. The protests are over the Lady Vols name and logo. Period. The protesters include Lady Vol soccer players (as well as golfers, rowers, volleyball players, swimmers).

By law, UT has to keep one woman senior administrator in their athletic department. That's Donna Thomas, the one woman senior administrator in the athletic department. Her yes-man comments keep her in that job. That she had never worn the Power T before the merger doesn't speak that well for her as a Vol, in my opinion.

The men have gotten barber shops and motorcycles. All the women are asking for is their name.

Reactions: 6 people
The Lady Vols athletes & fans aren't protesting combining the two athletic departments. Never have. The protests are over the Lady Vols name and logo. Period. The protesters include Lady Vol soccer players (as well as golfers, rowers, volleyball players, swimmers).

By law, UT has to keep one woman senior administrator in their athletic department. That's Donna Thomas, the one woman senior administrator in the athletic department. Her yes-man comments keep her in that job. That she had never worn the Power T before the merger doesn't speak that well for her as a Vol, in my opinion.

The men have gotten barber shops and motorcycles. All the women are asking for is their name.

:cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray:

Reactions: 2 people
:cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray:

Yeah, I kinda had that reaction too. The women's programs will always be the Lady Vols to me and tens of thousands of other fans. I'm guessing that TV announcers also will have a hard time getting away from using Lady Vols during their broadcasts.

this pretty well said it

"The branding with one logo --- a block Power-T to be used by athletics and academics --- came from a third-party study and discussions with numerous entities, including upcoming apparel partner Nike"

and it did sound like paid employees,were doing a lot of brown nosing,so they don't get fired too

for past Lady Vols to be raising a stink,like they are doing,I just don't think most liked this and they were afraid to change CPS teams name,does that make you wonder where she stood on it ? at a guess,even Hart was afraid of that one

it just seems like Hart and Cheeks didn't expected the backlash they are getting or didn't care,I think it is the didn't care part myself

of course that is just my opinion :)

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

she refers to 3 women by name, and then"some females". sounds like she wants dave to like her.
Then Hand says Hart " very actively and pursued good people", I guess minus Tindall. and does the guy have the contract with UT?
One logo, kind of, Nike push b-atch, notice they aint stepping on Pats toes. and noone noticed the Lady Vol soccer change,,,thats funny, its SOCCER

and CBJ always gets thrown in this conversation, he was the 3rd choice, right? and sorry, 7-6 aint much more than average. nothing has been answered there.

then Barnes, who I really like, got fired by a dipwad in TX, after UTx has been under performing.

"Hart has been working long hours", well check his frigging pay stub, he should. and hamilton sucked, but he made major improvements to alot of the facilities, hart doesn't get all the credit for that.

so if you want to pump up hart, go ahead, I will wait. I have plenty of Lady Vol gear, I'll keep wearing it!
Go Vols!! Go Lady Vols!! One Logo.......you can't until the ladies BB team is forced to change.

:crazy::cray::crazy::cray::crazy::cray::crazy::cray::crazy::cray::crazy::cray:

Speak up - what's your problem with what I said?

Because everything is a freaking conspiracy theory with the "lady vols" crowd. You guys think that Dave Hart or "bama Dave" is trying to end all women's athletics at the University of Tennessee. When he's trying to create one athletic department and one brand. Guess what until Dave Hart came on board this athletic department was headed for bankruptcy. If it wasn't for Dave Hart and fixing the financial burden left by the previous regime this University may only have football if even that. So if anything the "lady vols" crowd should be thankful that the University of Tennessee has an athletic director who actually cares enough to make sure ALL sports are funded. If anyone should be upset it should be the band because their expenses were cut dramaticly out of necessity to fund things such as flying the "lady vols" rowing team and their boats to California to compete. So don't give me this Dave Hart hates women blah blah blah blah and be thankful that he recognizes the importance of women's athletics at Tennessee and is doing his absolute best to make sure they don't go anywhere.

Reactions: 2 people
I mean on one side people want equality, the other side they want separation. What's next? lady coach, lady ref, lady cop, lady forum poster? It's not like they earned the name "lady", the big man upstairs made that choice. Pat really made the lady vols what they were, might as well call them Summitt Vols. Yes, our women's basketball program is one of the most storied programs in the history of the game and the only gripe people can come up with is OMG they're taking "lady" away so now no one will recognize who they are. I personally will probably always refer to them always as the "lady vols" because I've grown up a tennessee fan and that's all Ive known. To make such a huge deal about a gender before a name is a little over the top, IMO. Do you really think Geno cares if theyre referred to as the Lady Huskies or not? I would like to think he cares about his 10 rings more. I love you ladies that are on here and I think it's awesome for you guys to chime in! Please, no hard feelings as I respect your opinions and also what you bring to the board. :hi:

Because everything is a freaking conspiracy theory with the "lady vols" crowd. You guys think that Dave Hart or "bama Dave" is trying to end all women's athletics at the University of Tennessee.

How do you get the above opinion from her statement below?

The Lady Vols athletes & fans aren't protesting combining the two athletic departments. Never have. The protests are over the Lady Vols name and logo. Period.

There was little need in considering the rest of your post as your early statement showed just how biased and unrelated your response was.

Reactions: 4 people
How do you get the above opinion from her statement below?

There was little need in considering the rest of your post as your early statement showed just how biased and unrelated your response was.

Mostly referring to all the previous post, they are all the same just worded differently.

VN Store

Back