Tennessee known for womens basketball???

no it means that if you are a man watching women's basketball thinking about anything non-sexual then you have problems.

Men's bball is much better. Girls can't even make a layup.

blaker please. it's one thing to not like women's basketball. that's fine. It's another to just make crap up.

I don't make fun of women's basketball or anything but I dont like to watch it.

Oddly, I can watch a UCLA vs Arizona women's softball game...

I don't make fun of women's basketball or anything but I dont like to watch it.

Oddly, I can watch a UCLA vs Arizona women's softball game

i have the hardest time paying attention to the actual game when UCLA and Arizona play softball. I can't explain it.

see i cant stand softball either. I watched UT in the WCWS, I couldn't stand all the swings and misses. There were about 2 hits a game.

see i cant stand softball either. I watched UT in the WCWS, I couldn't stand all the swings and misses. There were about 2 hits a game.

i say this as a baseball man. Hitting a softball is extremely difficult. There's a reason Jennie Finch could strike out all those Major League All-Stars.

Also if you don't enjoy watching Jennie Finch do anything, you really do "scout" the men's basketball teams blaker.

Tennessee currently has both a successful women's and men's bball program. Football has history on its side but not recent history. People tend to forget when you go a decade without any major accomplishments.
Mmm hmmmm.... Sometimes the truth tends to make ya squirm.....

women's volleyball !!!! love those shorts

I once dated a volleyball player, and it seemed like at least once a day she'd complain that I wasn't listening to her since I was too busy trying to see just how skintight the shorts were.

She broke up with me when I said "I'm paying perfect attention; I'm reading your lips while you talk!"

My buddy at work said just a second ago that Tennessee is percieved as a womens basketball program. I told him hes full of crap and read out some football accomplishments. Oh yea, hes a Virginia Tech fan and said at least they're starting a football tradition(identity)

What do you guys think?

If that logic applies, then UNC Chapel Hill is perceived as a womens soccer program.

Yes. If you don't want to watch something, then don't watch it. I think Womens Basketball is boring.

Fair enough, however, I and around 15,000 - 20,000 / game do like to watch. There is no doubt the mens game is faster paced and exciting. Relative to each ones competition, the women are still better.

Tennessee currently has both a successful women's and men's bball program. Football has history on its side but not recent history. People tend to forget when you go a decade without any major accomplishments.

I agree... I'm confident that as much as I love my Lady Vols, if Bruce can get the fellas to the top, the perception will change. Although, does it really have to change? There's no shame in the accomplishments of the ladies. When I think of North Carolina, I think of their mens BB team. When I think of Minnesota, I think of mens hockey... It's all about personal perception :thumbsup:

no it means that if you are a man watching women's basketball thinking about anything non-sexual then you have problems.

Men's bball is much better. Girls can't even make a layup.

:crazy: girls can't make layups and boys can't make free throws in the tournament with the game on the line. :)

I sure hope Pat Summitt never leaves TN

Can you imagine being the coach trying to replace her? Similar to Bear Bryant. Everyone would compare you to her, and second guess everything as to how Pat would have done it. It would take the female equivelant to Bruce Pearl to even have a chance.

VN Store

Back