'15 P Tommy Townsend (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Towsend was involved in a "fake fake"

Townsend, whose brother Johnny Townsend, now a Florida Gator, also played in the Army Bowl two years ago, was also the holder on extra points and he tried to mix things up late in the game when jumped up and leaned in under center, acting as if he was going to play quarterback for a two-point conversion try. Townsend, a Tennessee commit, quickly backed off and the East kicked the extra point.

“It was a fake fake,” Townsend explained. “We had been planning that all week and we got the OK from coach so we went ahead and did it. It was a lot of fun being out here and just an overall great experience to get to hang out with some of these guys.”

Orlando Boone punter Tommy Towsend has fun at U.S. Army All-American Bowl - Orlando Sentinel

Reactions: 4 people
Did Townsend ever make an OV? Could he be another possiblity for a Blueshirt?

Did Townsend ever make an OV? Could he be another possiblity for a Blueshirt?

Pretty sure I saw him in some of the pictures.

Edit:
10903520_1523626771245523_2094541505_n.jpg

Last edited:
When we have a punter that kicks it 30 yrds and out of bounds off the side of his foot frequently, you will want a great punter.

Hey, I'm sitting here waiting on that final brick. Definitely appreciate the value of a good punter.

Could Bajakian leaving have an effect here? I mean, I'm guessing the kid figured he'd have plenty of opportunities to punt when he committed.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back