'15 DE GA Andrew Butcher (UT Commit 6/8/13)

I really could see Butcher finding a way to contribute in 2015. Not saying he'll start or be the #2 guy necessarily, but I could see him having a freshman season similar to Corey Vereen where he really flashes at times.

I think it's fair to say he is closer to 245 than some of the sites that have him at 260 - I think that is a bit inflated. But the 6'2 to 6'2.5 height is accurate IMO. Vereen was 225 when he arrived at UT and he is now a solid 250+

He is a pretty big dude. We all know Shy and KMac are going to be monsters. But picture Ford and Butcher two years from now. Ford will be fast and huge frame to add muscle. butcher will turn into the other half of a man that he is already. Man, these recruits are going to buff Bagwell and Scott Steiner status

Holy crap. I have not hurd those names in a long time.

Latroy Lewis and Corey Vereen will be entrenched as the No.2s.

That doesn't mean Butcher can't do like Vereen did as a freshman and find a niche. Plus injuries happen.

I never said he'll be #2. Just that I could see him working himself onto the field perhaps as a specialty rusher or something.

Edit: if you remember, that's basically how Vereen was used as a freshman. They'd put him in occasionally on in obvious pass rushing situations and unleash him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Butcher have some sort of similar role. He gets after it coming off the edge.

Last edited:
That doesn't mean Butcher can't do like Vereen did as a freshman and find a niche. Plus injuries happen.

I never said he'll be #2. Just that I could see him working himself onto the field perhaps as a specialty rusher or something.

Edit: if you remember, that's basically how Vereen was used as a freshman. They'd put him in occasionally on in obvious pass rushing situations and unleash him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Butcher have some sort of similar role. He gets after it coming off the edge.

Who you taking out in 3rd down? Barnett or Maggitt? This isn't the same situation at all. Our pass rush is damn near on steroids with those two off the edge in obvious passing situations. Vereen and Lewis as 3rd year guys will be fine too. We can sit on the freshmen.

Reactions: 1 person
So another question:

Who among the incoming freshman, do we think sees the field & and makes an impact, on Special Teams?

Reeves-Maybin
McDowell
???

VN Store

Back