Automobilia etc....

A bit. Although I always questioned the wisdom of all that power in the Shelby mustang. Seems great if all you want to do is straight line stuff.

It would have been better had they listed cars that were currently available. The SRT Caliber is dead. TVR is dead. The Vauxhall Astra VXR isn't sold in the US. The Porsche 930 is 40+ years old. First gen Vipers weren't that powerful and still got rings ran around them by the Corvette.

You're right about the Shelby. The same can also be said about the idiotic level of HP in the Challenger Hellcat.

Reactions: 1 person
While that is an admirable take, most people can't handle some of the power numbers being achieved.

Thank God for traction control.

Most people think they're The Stig and can turn off all the electronic nannies.

You need to sign this petition to end the 25 year import rule - Road & Track

It used to be that you could go and buy anything you wanted and bring it home. You could import a non-conforming car only once—so the big caveat was “choose wisely.”

That personal exemption was repealed in 1988. Now, if you want to import a car that wasn’t federalized, the car has to be 25 years old. That’s a long time to wait—especially if you’re interested in cars that were sold only in places where the climate encourages rust. So great, you can wait half your adult life for a car that’ll be destroyed by the time you can have it?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkvsfuCbkdQ[/youtube]

....no windscreen, no seat belts, No problem.

Last edited:
I don't understand the hardon the automotive press has for the Challenger/Charger Hellcat.

707 hp in a big, dumb, and heavy American sedan is only good for one thing, straight line speed.

I don't understand the hardon the automotive press has for the Challenger/Charger Hellcat.

707 hp in a big, dumb, and heavy American sedan is only good for one thing, straight line speed.

I don't get it either.

inter014talladeganight.jpg

Reactions: YankeeVol
In all seriousness, Chevy has announced magnetic ride and new colors in the 2015 SS. I really like these cars. Maybe the 2014's will drop to my price range once the new ones ship.

Not sure if this the correct thread, but thought I'd throw this in here.

I'm about to hit the new car market, or new to me at least. Looking to spend about $25k, definitely no more than $30k on a 4 door sedan with decent performance (i.e. not boring to drive). Open to new or certified pre-owned. Suggestions?

Not sure if this the correct thread, but thought I'd throw this in here.

I'm about to hit the new car market, or new to me at least. Looking to spend about $25k, definitely no more than $30k on a 4 door sedan with decent performance (i.e. not boring to drive). Open to new or certified pre-owned. Suggestions?

Mazda 6 touring or Mazda 3s grand Touring.

Failing that fiesta st. Vw gti.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back