Izod Indy series

Finally back home. Pretty miserable. Had to watch it alone as my sister and BIL had to leave before the delayed start. The racing was decent. Got to see Sato screw up twice, so I got my money's worth.

Looking forward to next year.

Last edited:
Anyone know why they decided to shorten the race to an hour and fourty min time limit? Where they worried about it getting dark or something? Or more storms coming through?

I bailed and watched it on the couch. Caught the Pirelli GT race and the Indy Lights one (they really need more than 11 damn cars).

As for the timed race - they were supposed to have the lower level Pirelli race after the Izod so maybe they were trying to save time for that.

Sucks about the weather but I bet Saturday was nice.

That Pirelli series has some nice cars (Aston, Lambo, Audi R8, Ferrari, Mercedes) - odd to see a Kia on the podium in the same class that has Caymans.

I bailed and watched it on the couch. Caught the Pirelli GT race and the Indy Lights one (they really need more than 11 damn cars).

As for the timed race - they were supposed to have the lower level Pirelli race after the Izod so maybe they were trying to save time for that.

That Pirelli series has some nice cars (Aston, Lambo, Audi R8, Ferrari, Mercedes) - odd to see a Kia on the podium in the same class that has Caymans.

Makes you wonder if you bought the wrong car?

Speaking of Pirelli, I've started really getting into sports car racing this year (Tudor, PWC, etc) and loving it. Haven't figured out why I waited so long before watching it.

Speaking of Pirelli, I've started really getting into sports car racing this year (Tudor, PWC, etc) and loving it. Haven't figured out why I waited so long before watching it.

I made an effort to get to the track specifically for the sports car racing - the Indy racing at that track isn't that exciting IMO - not enough passing room but the sports cars always have some action going.

I made an effort to get to the track specifically for the sports car racing - the Indy racing at that track isn't that exciting IMO - not enough passing room but the sports cars always have some action going.

I would have to agree with the bolded part. The one and only year I went Will Power started from the pole and lead pretty much every lap and won the race. It was not very exciting to watch.

Indy GP this weekend. I am pretty excited to see this. I hope it turns out to be a good race. Wish I was able to go up there for it and then back again for the 500.

Reactions: 1 person
Kurt looking good at Indy. Sixth as of right now. Good run regardless of where he winds up.

06-01-Sato-Wins-Verizon-P1-Award-Race2-Detroit-Std.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's been Verizon customers only.

And I was never able to get it on my iPad.

VN Store

Back