Tennessee Vols Football News
September 13, Wednesday
- I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday. We’re a mere three days from Tennessee and Florida matching up in the Swamp. The winner has an early advantage in the SEC East. Anyone here planning to make the trip to Gainesville for the game? Let me know in the comments below.
- The main focus of today’s FreakNotes is the play by play video. It’s the way I enjoy watching and re-watching the offense each week, even though it takes a bit of time to create. In watching this video, did you notice anything you didn’t see during the game?
- In Butch’s injury update today, he said Austin Smith, Baylen Buchanan and Eli Wolf are out. Evan Berry is questionable.
- Tennessee defensive back commit Brandon Cross says he’ll be at the game in Gainesville this weekend.
- I always like and agree when I hear that John Kelly runs angry (angrily). I think this stat pretty supports that description of Kelly: Tennessee RB John Kelly has picked up 47% of his rushing yards after contact this season
- Tennessee is No. 18 in Athlon’s latest poll. “A season-ending injury to¬†receiver Jauan Jennings for the year is a big loss for Tennessee. However, sophomores Marquez Callaway and Brandon Johnson, along with freshman Josh Palmer are a trio of promising options for coach Butch Jones.”
- He’s been injured and we haven’t seen much of him to this point, but don’t write off Shaq Wiggins just yet. John Brice wrote, “Am told Shaq Wiggins is ready to fight for his spot in
- Who was lucky enough to watch ESPN’s 30 for 30 last night, which included former Vol quarterback Tony Robinson? I missed it, unfortunately, but hopefully I can catch it on WatchESPN this week.