Kentucky Fans traveling to Knoxville

UKDrinkingBuddy

:wavey:5 UK fans here who are coming into town for the game on the 15th. While we know we will be cheering for the opponents on that day, we are hoping for some southern hospitality and advice on all there is to do during a Vol game day.

Our goal is to visit all SEC stadiums to watch the Cats play and we are making Neyland our first stop. We want to experience all the great traditions that come with Tennessee football and figure this is the best place to ask.

What does everyone recommend to do the day of the game? Bars, restaurants, activities, etc.? The 4pm kickoff is going to work perfectly for us and allow for maximum tailgating/site seeing time and. We plan on seeing the Vol walk and checking out the Vol navy, are there any other traditions and must see/dos?

Thanks in advance for the help and hopefully we'll see some of you there. We'll even share some Fireball as a thank you.

Reactions: 1 person
Do lunch at either The Blue Coast Grill or Tupelo Honey in the Market Square area. . Both have great food. Tupelo Honey probably a bit better food but it also may be harder to get a seat, it doesn't take reservations. Both places are good places to eat. Then hit a bar in Markey Square area to lay down a good base coat buzz for the game. Walk to Neyland isn't that bad afterwards for the game.

Reactions: 2 people
Just posted similar info for some UT fans coming to their first game.

I don't recommend walking around the strip (Cumberland Ave.) with open alcohol. Although I have seen many do it and have done so myself, the wife and I were once with another couple who had beer in URC's (ubiquitous red cups). They were very surprised to be ticketed for open container. So, even though it doesn't happen often, it does happen. If you must, a good strategy would be to put it in fast food cups with lids. You won't have any problems at tailgates.

Not sure when you are getting into town, but you will likely be doing a fair amount of walking. Restaurants tend to be packed on gameday for a 4pm kickoff. A post was made about the Market Square area downtown. There are some good restaurants in that area. But, I recommend getting there EARLY for food.

Check the gameday page on utsports.com for details on the Vol Walk and the band marching to the stadium.

Although tailgates can be found all over the place, there are excellent tailgates in the parking lot across from gate 21. Most everyone will welcome you with open arms. But, for courtesy, I recommend taking your own libations.

I expect you will be treated well. I have been to many game at Neyland and it's pretty rare for me to see a visiting fan being abused. As a football fan, I think you will enjoy the experience.

Hope you have great trip.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back