Checkerboard Vandy

BigTimeVols

Tennessee fans on 247 are suggesting to checkerboard vandy's stadium when we play them. I doubt it goes anywhere but the thought is absolutely hilarious. SIAP

Reactions: 20 people
It'd be awesome... but not if we are having a losing season regardless of the result of the game.

I walked by that stadium for the first time last weekend - what a dump. I was embarrassed to have that in the SEC.

Reactions: 3 people
what could we get in there? maybe 2 sections would fill whole stadium.. so you really couldn't checkerboard it. Be more of a half n half type of thing.

Reactions: 1 person
very difficult to do when a large majority of visiting fans are walk ups buying from scalpers

tickets will be plentiful due to Vandy's pathetic excuse of football. Why buy full ticket price just to know what color to wear in the section when you can buy well below face value.

very difficult to do when a large majority of visiting fans are walk ups buying from scalpers

tickets will be plentiful due to Vandy's pathetic excuse of football. Why buy full ticket price just to know what color to wear in the section when you can buy well below face value.

Can scalpers actually make money when only 20% of tickets are being sold?

Reactions: 2 people
Nice thoughts, but impractical. Just carpet that place with a sea of BIG ORANGE! Can't wait to once again take over "Dud" Field & rub vandie fans' noses in it.:whistling:

what could we get in there? maybe 2 sections would fill whole stadium.. so you really couldn't checkerboard it. Be more of a half n half type of thing.

The checkerboards would have to be 3x3 or 4x4 due to stadium size. Besides 90% of Vandy fans have Tennessee jerseys anyways.

It would work if the walk-ups bring both colors and a copy of the plan. Would be hard to pull off but not impossible.

Would be really funny but yet sad. Not sure I want the rest of the nation seeing us get pumped at beating Vandy again.

It's not about "being pumped" about Vandy. It's about embarrassing their program and their fans. I'm all for it.

LOL, They are Vandy fans! Other than the rare bright spot, they are Vandy Football. Not sure that embarrassing them is possible.
:thumbsup:
EDIT: Beat me to it

It'd be awesome... but not if we are having a losing season regardless of the result of the game.

I walked by that stadium for the first time last weekend - what a dump. I was embarrassed to have that in the SEC.

And they've won two in a row... who should be embarrassed?

And yes, I know they're already embarrassing, but this would add to it. Let's get it done.

Go over to vandymania and check out their brand new banner. Everything about that picture is embarrassing - the score, the size of the hole in the defense, one vandy player forgot how to walk and has regressed to crawling.

VN Store

Back