A recommended bar and grill for Oklahoma

Plano Vol

Brothers at 563 Buchanan St. in Norman. The owner is the brother in law of one of my buddies at work. Evidently, he advertises in the opposing teams' school paper and enjoys having the visitors come to his establishment. I can't say for sure but I expect at minimum the burgers are round and the beers are wet but probably a lot better than that. At least it promises to be a friendly pre-game environment. GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks!! I'm driving over to the game and that sounds like a great place to start the day. I also want to stop by the Legends Hotel to watch Doug Matthews raidio show live, but it's kind of early

Brothers at 563 Buchanan St. in Norman. The owner is the brother in law of one of my buddies at work. Evidently, he advertises in the opposing teams' school paper and enjoys having the visitors come to his establishment. I can't say for sure but I expect at minimum the burgers are round and the beers are wet but probably a lot better than that. At least it promises to be a friendly pre-game environment. GO VOLS!!!

Good info to consider...thanks. :hi:

Will be driving up that Saturday morning. Maybe we can get a thread stickied with travel info/meetups?

We are staying in Bricktown the Friday and Saturday night. The Bricktown area is awesome and about 20 miles or so from the stadium. You can google Bricktown and see all the restaurants, bars and other attractions. As far as Norman goes I am not sure but we are taking a OU alum with us so I will pick her brain for suggestions and update.

Norm says that you can't beat the Hungry Hefer, where they have two for ones all day on game days, steaks included. Cheers!:birgits_giggle:

The area just north of the OU campus known as "Campus Corner" is where most of the bars are. It will be packed. They close off the streets adjacent to the area and there will be beer & t-shirt stands along all streets. The stadium is located on the SE corner of the campus. If you are coming from Dallas, take the Hwy 9 exit and then turn north towards the campus on one of the streets on either side of Lloyd Noble Center. If you go up on the west side of the Center you will come to fraternity/sorority row and you will be on the west side of the campus. If you come up the east side of the Center you will pass the National Weather Service and end up at the SE corner of the stadium.
Parking is a premium. Many park in the Lloyd Noble lot and shuttle to the stadium. As you get closer to the stadium you will see numerous opportunities to park in people's yards but the price goes up as you get closer. There will be numerous parking opportunities offered by churches and schools as well.
If you come from OKC you can either exit on Main or Lindsay. Traffic down I-35 from OKC is heavy as kickoff approaches.
It appears that you may have dodged the brutal early Sept. hot weather we are accustomed to. A front is predicted to come through and it may be downright cool Saturday night.
If you are staying in OKC make sure you see the OKC bombing memorial. It is located very close to Bricktown, on the northern edge of downtown.

I wasn't planning on going to the Oklahoma game but since there's a bar and grill :p

Wet beer? No thanks. I like mine in powder form.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for info. Staying at Oak Tree CC and looking for good places to eat an drink before the beat down.

VN Store

Back