Pennsylvania Vols

rocktopper16

Don’t mind me, I’m just here for the meltdown.
I'm moving to Altoona, Pa & Was wondering If there Is any vol brethren nearby that could give me some insight on the area.
:hi:- Thanks!

Joy. I'm used to mild winters.. Haven't really seen snow

I live near Lancaster pa I don't know of any good places in Altoona. Your going to find most people are Penn St around you

I live near Lancaster pa I don't know of any good places in Altoona. Your going to find most people are Penn St around you

Take it I shouldn't wear my tshirt that says I'd rather shower at penn St than not be a Tennessee Vol?

Reactions: 2 people
I'm moving to Altoona, Pa & Was wondering If there Is any vol brethren nearby that could give me some insight on the area.

Holla.

There are better places and far worse places than Altoona. The good thing is that you aren't far from Pittsburgh and if you're an out doors type man there is plenty of nothing 20 minutes in either direction. Western PA fishing is pretty good.

Reactions: 2 people
Down here in Destin I had Orange partys on big games. Probably will be doing the same in Altoona. Hope some of y'all can make it!

Reactions: 1 person
You will find that high school football is outstanding and they support it like a religion. Lived in Berwick, Pa and they pretty much stomped on everybody, even out of state. They had something like a 56-3 record while we were there. Coach was George Curry who Majors tried to get to come down as an assistant. Beautiful country. Good people, but no sweet tea, white beans, country ham, biscuits, country sausage or fried catfish.

My advice, quit. Stay below Mason Dixon. I once was moved to S. Illinois by job, I quit within a year of living there. Had to get back south...If for no other reason than cornbread dressing at holidays....

Reactions: 1 person
Holla.

There are better places and far worse places than Altoona. The good thing is that you aren't far from Pittsburgh and if you're an out doors type man there is plenty of nothing 20 minutes in either direction. Western PA fishing is pretty good.

They put out some relatively decent QBs too.

I was watching a television show yesterday and it was showing the 4th of July celebration of the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg. Lo and behold, I saw a man walk past the camera who had an orange U.T. shirt on.

Maybe a tourist or maybe he is from Pennsylvania???

Cousin lives in Hollidaysburg, just outside Altoona. Its a pretty area, but its just damned inconvenient to get there from anywhere.

You will find that high school football is outstanding and they support it like a religion. Lived in Berwick, Pa and they pretty much stomped on everybody, even out of state. They had something like a 56-3 record while we were there. Coach was George Curry who Majors tried to get to come down as an assistant. Beautiful country. Good people, but no sweet tea, white beans, country ham, biscuits, country sausage or fried catfish.

Curry is back at Berwick now. That town is dying now, though.

Im also in york pa , right off route 30 , im trying to find some vols fans to start watching games with this season

I'm right outside of Carlisle in Mt.Holly. It was rough when i graduated in 09 coz i was use to pre gaming and game days in knoxville with a 100,000. It went to two. Myself and my German Shepherd. Id be in for watching some Vol football with OTHER VOLS in Central Pa.

I'm right outside of Carlisle in Mt.Holly. It was rough when i graduated in 09 coz i was use to pre gaming and game days in knoxville with a 100,000. It went to two. Myself and my German Shepherd. Id be in for watching some Vol football with OTHER VOLS in Central Pa.

He.ll yah! We got a group now!

VN Store

Back