Best area to bar hop???

DaHouse77

It looks like my options are along Cumberland next to campus and downtown Knoxville...

First, am I correct in that assertion?

Next, which one is the best?

I'm staying with a group late 20's, early 30's at the Hampton Inn downtown near the stadium. Our goal is to bar hop all day Friday... and likely do the same after the game Saturday.

Anyone have any preference as to which area is better?

Thank you!

I think there's more bars on the strip, but I prefer the bars in the old city or Gay street. There is definitely a younger crowd on the strip.

The Old City- You've got Barley's, The Crown and Goose, The Jig and Reel, Club NV, Hannah's, Southbound, Urban Bar, Carleo's. Not a far drive from The Downtown Grill & Brewery or Preservation Pub.

Pretty much, something to suit every taste.

The Old City- You've got Barley's, The Crown and Goose, The Jig and Reel, Club NV, Hannah's, Southbound, Urban Bar, Carleo's. Not a far drive from The Downtown Grill & Brewery or Preservation Pub.

Pretty much, something to suit every taste.

Drive? It's <5 min walk. The city has worked to try to connect the Gay Street bars/rests to the Old City.

Park along Union off Gay behind the Downtown Brewery, dinner and drinks there or at Nama depending on what you're looking for, then head to the Old City. Can't go wrong.

Avoid the strip. It's not what it once was.

Drive? It's <5 min walk. The city has worked to try to connect the Gay Street bars/rests to the Old City.

Park along Union off Gay behind the Downtown Brewery, dinner and drinks there or at Nama depending on what you're looking for, then head to the Old City. Can't go wrong.

Avoid the strip. It's not what it once was.

Hell yeah, park for free.

Old City if you're not in college and have money. Downtown places such as Pres Pub, Casual Pint and Suttrees if you are still in college and don't mind spending money. If you're a broke college student Whiskey Dix thursday night for free beer, Rumorz for free beer friday night then tin roof whenever there isn't free beer

Do you realize that you're answering a Missouri fan's question from last fall? I'd say he found a good watering hole after Dooley decided to just quit in that game.

VN Store

Back