Help would be appreciated.

derekg_05

I will be making the trip from Ohio to Knoxville in November for the Missouri game I have a hotel off I-40 at Strawberry Plains, anyway I come once a year and never have time to see the Smokies, and this year I'm making time and I was just wondering wheres the best place near me to view them.

Also where is the best place to get an orange and white button down shirt?

Thank you in advance!

Don't know about the Smokies but an Orange and White shirt can be found on numerous clothes lines on your way south.

Reactions: 1 person
I will be making the trip from Ohio to Knoxville in November for the Missouri game I have a hotel off I-40 at Strawberry Plains, anyway I come once a year and never have time to see the Smokies, and this year I'm making time and I was just wondering wheres the best place near me to view them.

Thank you in advance!

Visit Cade's Cove... it is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Or, you might take the mountain highway through the Smokies.

As for the orange and white shirt... I've seen them at some of the Cracker Barrels. You also might find them in almost any shop in Knoxville or at the campus bookstore.

Safe travels ><>

If you've never been there, go east on 40 from your hotel to exit 407, follow signs to Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, continue on up 441 to Newfound Gap (and over to Clingmans Dome lookout if the side road is still open). Have your moment of "viewing" the Smokies, then go back and do what looked the most fun in the previously mentioned 3 cities you just passed through. If you have the time, and want to stay noncommercial, back at the Sugarlands Visitor Center just outside Gatlinburg (worth a stop in its own right), turn left on Little River Road and go over and take the 11 mile one way loop through Cades Cove. Expect that to take hours and you will enjoy it more.

I love it. I make it a point to eat there every time I'm in Knoxville. The food is excellent and the service is wonderful.

I've eaten at all the good steakhouses in Memphis so I want to spread my wings. I might be in Kville for th mizzou game and I'm def hittin up YOSH!

Cades Cove and Clingmans Dome are probably the big areas of the Smokies. Hopefully your not wanting to see the colors because most of the leaves will be down by the end of the month up there.

Thank you in advance!

Cades Cove is the prettiest place on earth!! Drive up to Newfound Gap & Clingmans Dome (highest pt in TN) theres also a motor trail in Gatlinburg thats beautiful. Foothills Pkwy in Maryville is also pretty.

VN Store

Back