Starkville

Ohiovol09

Welcome to UT Butch Jones
Anybody ever been? I'm looking for some information on good bars down there, places to eat, where to go, tailgate etc. The more info the better.

In 2007 we went to Mugshots after the game and watched Kentucky upset #1 LSU. It was ridiculously packed though.

In 2007 we went to Mugshots after the game and watched Kentucky upset #1 LSU. It was ridiculously packed though.

MugShots has GREAT burgers and the beer is cold.
You'll have a line.

Any other info besides just cracking on Starkville?

wow..... I initially misread your post.
I thought you were going Cracking in Starkville. You GO For It.

I hear that there is a place called "Ricks" that is having some 80's band on Friday night.... never been there, nor do I desire to be there.... unless of course my younger 80's wife requires it.

I have been told that you can drive around in a Golf Cart on game day, so I got mine tuned up and plan on getting around with that.
I have a salesman that went to MSState and he says all the tents are numbered??
The game won't be over til about Midnight, so my old tired butt will be heading to West Point to the Hotel.

I'll be driving down from Oxford for the game and plan on driving back after. I guess I won't be getting home until 2-3 am. Wish it wasn't an 8 o'clock game, that's pretty lame. I thought it was originally scheduled for 2:30

Starkville is utterly boring, I'm afraid. You have ricks and the hunts club that are popular amongst college students... But to be honest, they both kind of suck. I dated a girl who goes there a couple years back, and I was going to go there myself, thank god I didn't.

Buffalo Wild Wings opened about 6-9 months ago. It's the larger floor plan and a good place to camp out and watch a few games before kick off. It is just off of campus and you could probably walk to the stadium from there.

As for tailgating, really not sure what to tell you. I have a buddy whose son plays for MS St. He told me that the last home game had people camping out the night before to save their spots. They've had several sell outs in a row now, and spots fill up early

I would plan on getting there early and hope for the best. We are going to try to get there around 12:00 noon

GBO!

It's sounds like a FREAKIN' free for all.

No cars...... they have a run out for tent spots at 5 o'clock Friday........????????? not sure what that means.

I'm taking my golf cart............. & a bunch of beer.

My daughters' friend is supposed to get us a spot.

?????????????

I'll still have the beer.

Buffalo Wild Wings opened about 6-9 months ago. It's the larger floor plan and a good place to camp out and watch a few games before kick off. It is just off of campus and you could probably walk to the stadium from there.

Thanks, I plan on being there

Anyone got suggestions for parking?

Anybody ever been? I'm looking for some information on good bars down there, places to eat, where to go, tailgate etc. The more info the better.

When are you planning on getting into town?

The campus remains open to through until 3 hours before gametime, so you can pull through and drop off tailgating supplies throughout the day. Primary setup is in The Junction on the south side of the stadium. You won't get a spot there unless you are there waiting this afternoon. However, you should be able to find a spot in the outlying areas(amphitheater, etc). State does allow the use of golf carts throughout as well.

On bars, let me know what you are looking for, and I can give you advice on that...

VN Store

Back