On-Campus Tailgating

ut_stick

Does anyone have any pointers about tailgating on campus? How strict are the cops about alcohol? Do you get rushed out after the games or can you sit around and watch other games for a bit? What time do you get down there to tailgate?

Stick

If your not drinking on campus then you will be in a crowd of about 5% of people. Just don't be stupid. Use koosies and solo cups. As far as being rushed out after games? Not sure what your saying here.

Does anyone have any pointers about tailgating on campus? How strict are the cops about alcohol? Do you get rushed out after the games or can you sit around and watch other games for a bit? What time do you get down there to tailgate?

Stick

Good luck rushing out with 100k other people.

You can sit back for a good bit. I used to sit in the parking lot and catch the other games with some people on the way back to my dorm when I lived on campus.

First time I went to Knox they were tailgating in burgerking parking lot!!

Does anybody know if any of the fraternities or other on-campus organizations have parking that you can pay for at their houses? I know all the gas stations and restaurants on the strip do this, but wasn't sure if anybody a little closer to the stadium did. I've struck out this week on getting a good parking pass, but was wanting to tailgate. I was also hoping to go to the Vol Walk, but if you park in one of the lots on the strip you basically either have to miss the Vol Walk or end your tailgating 3 hours before the game.

Reactions: 1 person
I witnessed a guy sneak full cans of beer into the game in Gainesville last year. Not sure how he pulled that one off.

Does anybody know if any of the fraternities or other on-campus organizations have parking that you can pay for at their houses? I know all the gas stations and restaurants on the strip do this, but wasn't sure if anybody a little closer to the stadium did. I've struck out this week on getting a good parking pass, but was wanting to tailgate. I was also hoping to go to the Vol Walk, but if you park in one of the lots on the strip you basically either have to miss the Vol Walk or end your tailgating 3 hours before the game.

If you get there really early, you can get a spot along the curb of Fraternity Row or even potentially nab an actual parking spot. Police aren't checking cars for Fraternity parking passes like they normally do during the week because it's Saturday and a gameday. Otherwise, the church organizations with the little cottages/houses on the same street as Hopecote allow parking for a fee and aren't as sardine-like as gas stations and fast food establishments on the strip.

My last-ditch effort if you really want to avoid parking on the strip is the houses along Lake Avenue.

If you get there really early, you can get a spot along the curb of Fraternity Row or even potentially nab an actual parking spot. Police aren't checking cars for Fraternity parking passes like they normally do during the week because it's Saturday and a gameday. Otherwise, the church organizations with the little cottages/houses on the same street as Hopecote allow parking for a fee and aren't as sardine-like as gas stations and fast food establishments on the strip.

My last-ditch effort if you really want to avoid parking on the strip is the houses along Lake Avenue.

Are you talking about the spots on the side of the road on Volunteer Blvd? Also, how early is really early? If I could get one of those, it would be a pretty good spot. Do they turn the meters off on the weekends, or would I have to spend the day feeding quarters into the meter? Not that I really care about the cost, I would just need to be sure to bring a ton of quarters.

Are you talking about the spots on the side of the road on Volunteer Blvd? Also, how early is really early? If I could get one of those, it would be a pretty good spot. Do they turn the meters off on the weekends, or would I have to spend the day feeding quarters into the meter? Not that I really care about the cost, I would just need to be sure to bring a ton of quarters.

Hmmm. Well, as for the ones on Volunteer, I frankly can't even picture whether or not people can park there. I would assume they can and, if so, that there is no charge on gameday.

I was speaking of the curb directly in front of any given fraternity house. There's no guarantee of you getting a spot, but I think getting there at 8 AM nets you a pretty decent shot of finding one.

VN Store

Back