Shuttle from Farragut High School

Pulscifer

Has anyone ever used the KAT shuttle service that goes from Farragut HS to Neyland? I've never used it before and was wondering if anyone has and how it works. Are there multiple buses at once or 1 or 2 buses that go back and forth?

I'm going to the Montana game and staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Farragut-Knoxville so we could use the shuttle.

Has anyone ever used the KAT shuttle service that goes from Farragut HS to Neyland? I've never used it before and was wondering if anyone has and how it works. Are there multiple buses at once or 1 or 2 buses that go back and forth?

I'm going to the Montana game and staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Farragut-Knoxville so we could use the shuttle.

Even though I live out this way I've never used it. I have however used the shuttle from the AG Campus to TBA during basketball season and I've never had a problem. It's obviously a lot further from Farragut, but it's not bad. The only drawback is the looooooong line to stand in after the game.

I might recommend staying closer to the stadium (if you're not locked in) and driving in yourself. You can park for $10 at the Children's Hospital Employee parking garage and the money goes to a good cause. You do have a pretty long wait to get out after the game though, that's not always fun. It's also a bit of a hike.

Another place to park would be the office complex near the intersection of Neyland and Kingston Pike/Cumberland Ave. It's also $10, but it is SUPER easy to get out of and the walk isn't that much further than walking from the Children's Hospital location.

If you do take the shuttle, I'd be interested to know how you rate your experience. Also, nice avatar.

Even though I live out this way I've never used it. I have however used the shuttle from the AG Campus to TBA during basketball season and I've never had a problem. It's obviously a lot further from Farragut, but it's not bad. The only drawback is the looooooong line to stand in after the game.

I might recommend staying closer to the stadium (if you're not locked in) and driving in yourself. You can park for $10 at the Children's Hospital Employee parking garage and the money goes to a good cause. You do have a pretty long wait to get out after the game though, that's not always fun. It's also a bit of a hike.

Another place to park would be the office complex near the intersection of Neyland and Kingston Pike/Cumberland Ave. It's also $10, but it is SUPER easy to get out of and the walk isn't that much further than walking from the Children's Hospital location.

If you do take the shuttle, I'd be interested to know how you rate your experience. Also, nice avatar.

Thanks for the info. We are actually staying in Farragut, so it's either drive the 30min to the campus or take that shuttle. I'm just worried about the traffic to get there and the parking. But I will definitely look into those spots you recommended. And if I do take the shuttle I will let you know.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Thanks for the info. We are actually staying in Farragut, so it's either drive the 30min to the campus or take that shuttle. I'm just worried about the traffic to get there and the parking. But I will definitely look into those spots you recommended. And if I do take the shuttle I will let you know.

I've never had much of an issue with traffic heading down I-40 and following the stadium exit signs.

You could also exit on Papermill and take Kingston Pike down, if you decide to drive.

Alright so, we are leaving at like 6am CST from Memphis to get to Knoxville. We were gonna plan on eating at Sweet P's. Would you recommend finding a parking spot and just staying down there until game starts or go back to Farragut and take the shuttle? Would we be able to find a parking garage or lot within reasonable distance to Neyland and the restaurant? And do you think we could park there all day? Thanks.

Edit: Oops, just found out Sweet P's is a pretty good drive from the campus.

Last edited:
I ride the bus from Farragut about twice a season. They are very efficient at getting you to UT from Farragut; they normally have 2-3 busses lined up at all times waiting on passengers. They drop you off at the Torch Bearer, so it is very convenient. They start running the busses back to Farragut at the start of the 4th quarter, if I am not mistaken. Pick you up across the street from where you were dropped off. The police always give the busses priority both to and from UT, so you don’t really wait in a lot of traffic. The bad part is it is 15$ a person. I will only ride if I am meeting other people on campus. If my wife or father-in-law goes to the game with me then we always drive because it is cheaper for us to park downtown (free) or close to campus and walk.

I rode the bus from Farragut to the Alabama game in '08.
Cost $15 iirc. Plenty of Alabama fans on the bus though. It worked out well for me, didn't sit in too much traffic on the way back either. Probably because most fans left before the 4th quarter. :/

Is there a lot of traffic at FHS for the shuttle? Hoping to be at the stadium in time for the Vol Walk and pregame activities.

I usually leave 2.5 hours befor game time if i ride the shuttle. Traffic for the Farragut shuttle is not bad. Should be plenty of parking @ the high school.

VN Store

Back