Eating and Drinking in Knoxville (merged)

doozer

Matthew 6:2
at the request of bigdaddy. please feel free to add. i'll attempt to keep the thread up to date. lets's talk about all things drinking and all things eating in and around Knoxville.

Hooters (all locations):
-$2 domestic drafts- All day, every day
-40 cent boneless wings on Sunday
-All You Can Eat wings Wednesday, $10.99
-NFL Sunday Ticket

Aubrey's (all locations):
-$1 dollar High Life
-$2 pints, all beers, on Tuesday.
-Great beer selection, 30+ on tap
-good food

Downtown Grill and Brewery (Gay St.)
-$2 drafts and half price apps during Happy Hour
-Best Potato skins in...well...the universe
(not sure the hours, but it always seems to be when i'm there. hat can set it straight)

Barley's (Old City)
-40+ beers on top, including Fat Tire.
-great pizza, maybe the best in Knoxville
-food is a bit pricey but well worth it

The Sunspot (The Strip)
-excellent draft beer selection
-half price bottles of wine every Wednesday
-good food with vegetarian options

Union Jack's (Northshore and Kingston Pike next to the railroad bridge)
-over 200 beers on tap or in bottle
-staff is very knowledgeable
-different specials most nights

just post anything in this thread and i'll add to this original list as needed. please also specify locations and give addresses if needed.

i don't frequent a lot of places, just the same places.

also, if you go to any of these places and you find the above deals to not be true, please let me know.

all deals listed subject to change.

thank you.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be a bad idea to also drop dates of bands playing at bars in here.

This being "The Pub" and all. What about Sticky'in this and the Beer Thread. No?

So how is that english pub thing in the old city....crappy?

never been. if i'm going to the Old City, it's to go to Barley's. at least 40 beers on tap and great pizza. don't know of any specials off the top of my head.

Used to hang at the urban bar for happy hour and I want to say they had 2 pints and 1/2 price booze. I have not been in a while so things might have changed.

Parkside Grill has happy hour just about everyday until about 10:00 I believe and they have half priced appetizers (if you sit in the bar area)... :unsure:

Then you have Rookies with the smallest happy hour wings in town right down the road from there if you want to be more casual.

agreed.

i went to one in ATL with 100+ beers on tap. i couldn't believe it.

We have one here in Chatt but the beers are way expensive. A Taco-Mac that is.

We have one here in Chatt but the beers are way expensive. A Taco-Mac that is.

That is because they have some exotic imports that are in bottles.

The draft beer prices seemed pretty reasonable... not happy hour reasonable, but not egregiously expensive.

That is because they have some exotic imports that are in bottles.

The draft beer prices seemed pretty reasonable... not happy hour reasonable, but not egregiously expensive.
4 dollars for a draft beer is not reasonable IMO. I have done the exotic import thing for a while and they are as expensive, if not more, as other trendy chains like the Flying Saucer. I miss the original Spicey's on the strip next to the electric wizard. That was a great beer collection for its time.

4 dollars for a draft beer is not reasonable IMO. I have done the exotic import thing for a while and they are as expensive, if not more, as other trendy chains like the Flying Saucer. I miss the original Spicey's on the strip next to the electric wizard. That was a great beer collection for its time.
I did their beers of the world list my last year in college. Good times.

must be similar to the Flying Saucer.
yeah but this was wayyy before that place was a thought. Spicey's was the only place in town that had a large import beer selection. That place was awesome. I made it "around the world" as well Vader. As for the saucer, I got close to the ring of honor and moved from Nashville.

Decent, but wildly overpriced.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

yep. Not a bad starter bar to kinda whet the pallet. Of course, it does put you within a block of Backdoor Tavern or whatever behind Patrick Sullivans. You can get any beer on tap there so long as it's PBR.

Downtown Bar and Grill is generally my downtown destination. 1.50 pints on Tuesday and 3.00 for a pint any other day isn't bad.

Cherokee Red Ale on tap and either the Maryland crab cakes or the Prime rib in the lower level of the Copper Cellar is always a good call.

So how is that english pub thing in the old city....crappy?

Decent, but wildly overpriced.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

if it's me, and the English pub feel is what i want, i'm heading over to Union Jack's on the corner of Kingston Pike and Northshore.

i'm sure the selection at Union Jack's trumps The Crown and Goose as well.

VN Store

Back