Big thanks to all the Vols fans from Scotland

scottishvolfan

First time I've had the chance to sit down and write a thank you to all the Vols fans we met at the Missouri game.

As many of you know me and a buddy flew over from Scotland for our first ever Vols game. We met some amazing people, in fact some of the best people we've ever met anywhere in the world.

So you saw two random guys in kilts walking around the stadium? Yeah that was us.

We met up with some Vols fans in Nashville on the Weds before the game randomly and were invited to a killer tail gate. We sang rocky top and were taught a whole bunch of other songs we've never heard before.
We drank moonshine, keg beer and every shot going. We even bust out a terrible version of 500 miles by the Proclaimers.
After relentless sexual harassment by some older ladies due to us going True scotsman (commando) in our kilts, we hit up the game and had a blast.
We started in the top section and made our way behind the Band.
Tooks us ages to get round the stadium as so many people came up to say hey and talk to us.
After the game some of our new friends invited us to go drink in a bar and we had a great time swapping stories.

Big shout out to Robin McLean for sorting us out with tailgate and being our guide.

Thanks to everyone who came to say hello. It meant the world to us for so many people to come say hello. Can't thank you all enough.

Now back to a TV situation where I can't get any Vols football on TV and need to watch dodgy internet streams ;-(

Hopefully one day I'll back back over.

Until then... go Vols. Rocky top!!!!!!!!!

Was hoping you'd post something when you got back home. Glad you had a good time. Go Vols!

Believe it or not we met a girl in a bar who read one of our posts on this very forum.
We hadn't arranged to meet, she just randomly turned up and was like "wait... you must be the Scottish guys i read a post from on the vols forum"

Can't remember the name of all the bars.
We hit a few at Market Square. Multiple level pubs.. maybe the printer something?

We done a few college bars later, Cool beans was one of them. Bit of a younger crowd.

All a bit of a drunken blur.

But yeah, a girl recognizing us due to the forum was weird!

Believe it or not we met a girl in a bar who read one of our posts on this very forum.
We hadn't arranged to meet, she just randomly turned up and was like "wait... you must be the Scottish guys i read a post from on the vols forum"

Was she hot?

Edit: Nevermind, don't answer that. I didn't think the outcome through lol.

It is awesome to read this post. My wife and I bought you all a few shots at the Half Barrel
Bar on the strip. Then when we went to the stadium you were down a few sections below us. You might not remember us but it was a pleasure to meet you and we hope you had a great time.

It is awesome to read this post. My wife and I bought you all a few shots at the Half Barrel
Bar on the strip. Then when we went to the stadium you were down a few sections below us. You might not remember us but it was a pleasure to meet you and we hope you had a great time.

I do remember you. Thanks so much!!

I will be traveling through the Scottish countryside the first two weeks in September. I will miss the first two games. Any tips on how to view UT games whilst in Scotland?

I will be traveling through the Scottish countryside the first two weeks in September. I will miss the first two games. Any tips on how to view UT games whilst in Scotland?

Sadly you have absolutely no chance of finding a bar or even channel showing these. Your best bet is to stream online

Reactions: SobeVol

VN Store

Back