PUBLIC TAILGATING SPOT**help**

SmokeyLives

Every dog has his day!
We're coming down from Ohio for the Bama beat down. We have a primo setup for tailgating.

However, the public lots off Clinch don't really provide the best game day atmosphere.

You guys have to have intel on where to whoop it up for kicking Kiffens ass and causing Saban to burst his corrotids.

HELP!!!!!! Please.

:rock::clapping::rock::clapping::rock:

Mods, I wasn't aware of a separate tailgate forum. Feel free to move my thread please.

Calhoun's lot is really cool. Gotta get there early and it's not exactly "on campus" atmosphere.

Grassy spots on Lake Avenue (behind Poppa Johns/Taco Bell/Panera) are usually pretty live, and is free to set up in the grass.

May try Circle Park area too.

Good luck and Buck Fama.

Reactions: 1 person
Calhoun's lot is really cool. Gotta get there early and it's not exactly "on campus" atmosphere.

Grassy spots on Lake Avenue (behind Poppa Johns/Taco Bell/Panera) are usually pretty live, and is free to set up in the grass.

May try Circle Park area too.

Good luck and Buck Fama.

Thanks a lot. Is Circle Park public access for parking?

I've lived at most, which is now, 20 minutes from the stadium for 45 years. Any close in large public lot is going to be charging 20 to 30 per spot. UT is locked in by the river, Fort Sanders, and downtown, so gameday spots to set up a real tailgate are hard to come by.

This link with all it's maps and your own smartphone will help....some.

GAMEDAY PARKING

Special Events | Parking & Transit Services

Come in an RV and 1st come gets spots at University Commons in the old Fulton Bottoms area.

I'd say driving down in two cars getting to Ktown real early, cruising the area of Fort Sanders and paying for three spots with the middle one for your tailgate.

But best? That'd be hard. Maybe some business like a bank on the strip that's closed on gamedays sells spots in their parking lots. Cost close to $100 for two or three?

I've lived at most, which is now, 20 minutes from the stadium for 45 years. Any close in large public lot is going to be charging 20 to 30 per spot. UT is locked in by the river, Fort Sanders, and downtown, so gameday spots to set up a real tailgate are hard to come by.

This link with all it's maps and your own smartphone will help....some.

GAMEDAY PARKING

Special Events | Parking & Transit Services

Come in an RV and 1st come gets spots at University Commons in the old Fulton Bottoms area.

I'd say driving down in two cars getting to Ktown real early, cruising the area of Fort Sanders and paying for three spots with the middle one for your tailgate.

But best? That'd be hard. Maybe some business like a bank on the strip that's closed on gamedays sells spots in their parking lots. Cost close to $100 for two or three?

Thanks a ton! I've also seen info on Church St Methodist Church, which is $40, any thoughts on that location?

VN Store

Back