NYC Watch Party?

dsbyrd

Will be in midtown Manhattan Saturday during the A&M game and wondering if there are any gathering spots for Vol fans.

Thanks.

The University of Tennessee alumni of New York meet at The Hill sports bar in Murray Hill.

The Hill: 416 Third Ave. (between 29th & 30th St.) New York, NY. (212) 481-1712

https://twitter.com/TheHill_NYC
https://twitter.com/BigOrangeNYC

If you want to hang out with Texas A&M fans go here'

Texas A&M Aggies: The New York City A&M Club meets at The Hog Pit
The Hog Pit: 37 W. 26th St. (between Broadway & Sixth Ave.) New York, NY. (212) 213-4871

Many thanks. We are going to check out The Hill.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd just like to say that the watch party at The Hill is second to none. Consistently one of the best college football (and sports in general) watch parties I've ever been. This season in specific has been stellar.

A couple quick tips;

1) Get there before game-time, as it fills up fast, and although it's fun to be packed in there with tons of other Vol fans, it can get pretty tight space-wise. I usually arrive 1-2 hours before game time and eat some food while watching other games wrap up.

2) Speaking of food, The Hill has some really good food, and also some really not so good food. If you get there before 4pm, they have a GREAT brunch menu, which I've had pretty much everything on it and haven't found a bad item yet. The Breakfast Pizza and the Breakfast Burger in specific are awesome. During the game, they have some food specials as well. The wings are, the nachos are good (tex-mex style queso dip for the cheese), and I've heard good things about the shrimp skewers. Some items I didn't like were the chicken strips (flavorless) and the mozz sticks (the cheese on the inside isn't melted, which is intentional. Some people may dig that, for me not so much). Booze-wise, they've got a ton of stuff on tap, and a bunch of game day specials. I think a bucket of 6 bud-lights and a shot is like $10 or something. The bartenders are all UT alumnus so that makes for a fun atmosphere and they don't even carry non-Tennesee whiskey on game day.

3) Last but not least, they play the game through the bar's speaker system so you can actually hear what's going on and follow along. SO many bars in Murray Hill play friggin' music during the games... Like who comes to a bar on a Saturday morning to dance to Beyonce?!? Also, The Hill blasts Rocky Top every time the Vols score, and people sing along and get UT chants going, and it's really just a great game day atmosphere. Can't recommend it enough.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd just like to say that the watch party at The Hill is second to none. Consistently one of the best college football (and sports in general) watch parties I've ever been. This season in specific has been stellar.

A couple quick tips;

1) Get there before game-time, as it fills up fast, and although it's fun to be packed in there with tons of other Vol fans, it can get pretty tight space-wise. I usually arrive 1-2 hours before game time and eat some food while watching other games wrap up.

2) Speaking of food, The Hill has some really good food, and also some really not so good food. If you get there before 4pm, they have a GREAT brunch menu, which I've had pretty much everything on it and haven't found a bad item yet. The Breakfast Pizza and the Breakfast Burger in specific are awesome. During the game, they have some food specials as well. The wings are, the nachos are good (tex-mex style queso dip for the cheese), and I've heard good things about the shrimp skewers. Some items I didn't like were the chicken strips (flavorless) and the mozz sticks (the cheese on the inside isn't melted, which is intentional. Some people may dig that, for me not so much). Booze-wise, they've got a ton of stuff on tap, and a bunch of game day specials. I think a bucket of 6 bud-lights and a shot is like $10 or something. The bartenders are all UT alumnus so that makes for a fun atmosphere and they don't even carry non-Tennesee whiskey on game day.

3) Last but not least, they play the game through the bar's speaker system so you can actually hear what's going on and follow along. SO many bars in Murray Hill play friggin' music during the games... Like who comes to a bar on a Saturday morning to dance to Beyonce?!? Also, The Hill blasts Rocky Top every time the Vols score, and people sing along and get UT chants going, and it's really just a great game day atmosphere. Can't recommend it enough.

We had a great time there, but you were right, it was packed. You can call or email for a reservation, but we were way too late by the time we tried. It had been raining and we were lucky enough to snag an outdoor table right as the rain stopped. There were easily 100 Vol fans there.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back