Coming from Boston for Alabama 10/15

BostonKeith

9 of us are coming from Boston Mass to Knoxville to see the Volunteers beet Alabama on the 15th. Was wondering where the best spot to park an RV is? I know we want to check out some of the sail gating.

Also any info on craft beer and whiskey joints would be great as well. We also love bbq.

Thanks in advance

A lot of RVs park at a cement plant on Neyland Drive. Also at the city of Knoxville owned Civic Coliseum parking garage.

Your best options for the beer will be at Market Square, Gay Street, and the Old City. All 3 places are not too far from the Civic Coliseum, but not close to the cement plant. The cement plant is also across Neyland from the sewage treatment facility.

The Vol Navy is about a mile east of the cement plant.

You might try calling TN RV or Buddy Gregg RVs & Motorhomes or Chilhowee RVs for parking advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think you'll have to have a pass for the RV parking on campus off of Neyland Drive. It's near the soccer and softball stadiums. I'd imagine you can probably find those online though.

The Coliseum is a good option as well. I would expect you'd need to get there pretty early to secure a spot. They also have a shuttle that runs from the Coliseum to campus.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure about the RV situation, but as far as craft beer goes, Knoxville isn't bad. Suttree's high gravity tavern usually has, from my experience, the best selection as far as quality goes, even if it's not all local. Unfortunately (for me, not sure about your tastes), not a lot will be in the way of the amazing haziness that you guys see up your way with Treehouse and Trillium, but solid stuff nonetheless.

I am coming from the Chicago area, though, so I'll be bringing a ton of great stuff with me (Half Acre growlers, Pipeworks, maybe some 3 Floyds, etc.), so let me know if you want to try to coordinate the sharing of some stuff Friday and/or gameday.

Good luck with the RV! Hope you have a great trip!

VN Store

Back