Coming from Scotland for the game vs Missouri

scottishvolfan

Hey guys,

I'm so excited to say that myself and a friend will be living out a dream of ours by flying to Chicago from Scotland and road tripping down to Knoxville for the Missouri game on November 19th.
Both of us are huge fans and have been talking about doing this trip together for around 10 years. Finally officially happening and I can't wait.

I'm new to the forum. Obviously I'm going through all the tailgating and ticket info threads for all my details so I won't bore you guys with too many newb questions. Trying to sort my game tickets out soon.

Who else is heading to this game? What's the party like in Knoxville the night before a game?

Reactions: 2 people
Currently trying to find Vols merch online so we can rock it full road trip.

We are going to wear Kilts and Vols jerseys! We might need to buy the vols Jerseys in the USA as it's hard to get here other than mail order with crazy import tax

Don't forget knickers. It can get pretty cold in late November... especially on an aluminum seat.

Hell no! I always go true Scotsman.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll check this place out.
TBH I think we'd rather hit up the American bars. We want a taste of all things authentic and local.

TBH I think we'd rather hit up the American bars. We want a taste of all things authentic and local.

Well then, the Katch is the place for you and your friend. :)

Well then, the Katch is the place for you and your friend. :)

Haha I just googled that. Seems to be a strip club and also closed!

But yeah, we wanna hang out. Party with the local Vol fans and get a real taste of everything Vol football when we are down there.

Any legit suggestions for partying would be appreciated.

Haha I just googled that. Seems to be a strip club and also closed!

But yeah, we wanna hang out. Party with the local Vol fans and get a real taste of everything Vol football when we are down there.

Any legit suggestions for partying would be appreciated.

lol shows you how much I know. Had no idea it was closed. However, I wouldn't have stepped foot back in that place. We all have to try it at least once. Good luck on your trip and have fun!

Jig and Reel is in an area with several other establishments (the Old City). Market Square is about 4 blocks west and 4 blocks south of there. Calhoun's is a few hundred yards south of Neyland Stadium (on the river front by the Vol Navy). Cumberland Avenue (the Strip) is a couple blocks north of Neyland Stadium and about 3 blocks west. It is about 6 blocks long, but is a construction zone. There are a couple of other places on Gay Street a block east of Market Square.

Drive over to Lakeside Tavern about 10 miles west of campus if you want to mingle with the upper middle class locals.

Lakeside Tavern -

Another good spot only a couple miles west of campus right on the main thoroughfare (Kingston Pike):

http://www.theblackhorsepub.net/#!knoxville/cwih

Last edited:
Thanks for these Thunder. haha I'll be sure to stay on the right hand side of the road.

Yeah down and dirty college bars and places none too fancy suit us. Craft beer joints maybe a little too posh for us, But I appreciate the input!

VN Store

Back