advice on hotel

WebbCobb

Coming for the Kentucky game. Never been to a game before. Can anyone recommend a decent, reasonable, and well-situated hotel?

Thanks guys

Reactions: 1 person
There are 4 new hotels at the Papermill Road exit, a renovated Red Roof Inn, and a hole in the wall Travel Lodge.

I used to work at the Crowne Plaza and the Marriott downtown. Unless you want to pay $250 or more, you'll need to stay out west (in Cedar Bluff like the previous post) or north of the city towards Fountain City.

I stayed here for the OK & UGA games last year...clean, convenient, surrounded by necessities (Krystal & Starbucks)...and reasonable.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Powell
7520 Conner Rd, Powell, TN 37849 US
Reservations Tap to Call 866-460-7456

Thanks for those recommendations. I'm looking at $200 or less.

Another question of mine is how to get to the game from a hotel on the outskirts. Are there shuttles?

Holiday Inn at Cedar Bluff approx. $120 to $140
Shuttle Service, don't remember cost, maybe $20 ea person.

No offense to OP...but these threads popup all the time and I'm starting to think half of our fanbase live in caves

The Farragut area has several nice, family style chain hotels. Think the bus is $20-30 each but you miss all the stuff to do before the game.

I've stayed out at cedar bluff exit for 15 yrs now. Stay there. Then just leave early enough to park at the game and catch all the pre game stuff such as vol walk, salute to the hill, volunteer village, etc

Stayed at the comfort inn and suites in Powell. Great set up, they even had a shuttle. Very inexpensive compared to most.

Some people need to be introduced to the world of IHG, Hilton Honors and Marriott Rewards.

Quality Inn Merchants Drive
Not flashy or fancy.
A short drive to downtown and the stadium.

Also check hotels near the airport in Alcoa. Straight shot to Neyland Dr. with no traffic lights. There is some construction this year but it isn't slowing traffic too much.

No no no. Don't stay anywhere off merchants. Save yourself the trouble and drive two exits north to Emory

This. I stay with my in-laws sometimes for games and they live just off of Emory. You can get from Emory Rd to downtown in 15 minutes, and the hotels there have normal rates that aren't jacked up for football weekends.

VN Store

Back