Watching a Game at Disney World

PotS

You can't say f orum here
I had been trying to plan out a trip for my wife and I to attend the Battle at Bristol, but with a 5 and 3 year old, it turned into a logistical nightmare. I didn't want to take my children into that environment, nor did I want to have to focus my attention on them instead of the experience.

So, my wife is a Disney addict, and since my plans couldn't be worked out for the BaB, we're spending the week prior to the game (September 2-11) at Disney World. My only request was that I get some alone time on Saturday night to watch the game.

Outside of the ESPN Zone, which sounds like it would be a massive CF, is there any place on the property to watch a game in a somewhat nice environment? I did some searching on the Google, but most of the stuff that turned up was for watching NFL games. Has anyone had experience watching Tennessee games at WDW?

The nice thing is that with it being the ABC SaNF game in primetime, it will definitely be playing on pretty much every TV in any bar, I just wasn't aware of a local group or alumni chapter that may have a regular viewing group on the property.

Will you have a car? There is a ton nearby to Disney that you could drive or even Uber to. (Buffalo Wild Wings, Chilis, Hooters, etc). That would be my first choice. If you are absolutely set on staying on Disney property, your best bet is going to be ESPN Club. If its just you it shouldn't be too hard to get a spot at the bar.

If you're dead set against that, pretty much every bar in Disney Springs or the resorts has TVs that should have the game on. Any questions let me know.

Source: Wife is a big disney fan, I'm a big football fan.

If you pay a tv service or you can get sling tv as long as you got smart phone you can get watch ESPN app or sling tv. Disney should have free wifi everywhere.

Will you have a car? There is a ton nearby to Disney that you could drive or even Uber to. (Buffalo Wild Wings, Chilis, Hooters, etc). That would be my first choice. If you are absolutely set on staying on Disney property, your best bet is going to be ESPN Club. If its just you it shouldn't be too hard to get a spot at the bar.

If you're dead set against that, pretty much every bar in Disney Springs or the resorts has TVs that should have the game on. Any questions let me know.

Source: Wife is a big disney fan, I'm a big football fan.

Yeah, I'll have a car available to me. I've not had good experiences with the big sports bars like BWWs. The last time I watched a game there (The Oregon @ Tennessee game), they muted the sound on the TV and played music. Maybe that's not normal, but I want to hear the TV commentary.

We're staying at the Contemporary, maybe one of the hotel bars would be a better setting? Unless I'm surrounded by other Tennessee people, I prefer to be a little reclusive and not be distracted/bothered while I'm watching the game.

The only other place we've stayed previously was Port Orleans Riverside, and they had a very casual bar with 3 or 4 TVs and lounge-type seating. Do you know if there's anything close to MK (Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, etc.) with a similar lounge/bar? I'm hesitant to head towards Disney Springs as I figure the crowds will be more dense there.

If you pay a tv service or you can get sling tv as long as you got smart phone you can get watch ESPN app or sling tv. Disney should have free wifi everywhere.

Yeah, I could sit in a lounge somewhere and stare at my phone, but I really don't want to =)

This will certainly be a last resort. I'll be sure to pack headphones just in case as well.

There's a bar in the Contemporary that has a couple of HD tvs if you want to keep it more lowkey. Or just kick back and relax, get some room service and watch in your room?

It is nationally televised on ABC that night, game of the week. Wherever you end up will have it on, so it's just your preference where you want to watch. I'd imagine Buffalo wild wings would have the sound on the game of the week, if not you can always ask them to turn it on. Never hurts to ask.

There's a bar in the Contemporary that has a couple of HD tvs if you want to keep it more lowkey. Or just kick back and relax, get some room service and watch in your room?

It is nationally televised on ABC that night, game of the week. Wherever you end up will have it on, so it's just your preference where you want to watch. I'd imagine Buffalo wild wings would have the sound on the game of the week, if not you can always ask them to turn it on. Never hurts to ask.

Thanks, I may just scope out the hotel when we get there. The only issue with staying in the room is the 5 and 3 year old =p . I love my kids, but they sure are distracting, lol.

VN Store

Back