Best Bars in Knoxville? 1st time visitor

So Cal Girl

We are in our 30's & my husband and I are coming in from Southern California for Thanksgiving to watch the Vandy v. TN game. We are college football fans who like to check out a different SEC game each Thanksgiving. Any recommendations on bars we have to go to? For game day, we plan on just walking around the stadium & checking out the tailgates.

We are in our 30's & my husband and I are coming in from Southern California for Thanksgiving to watch the Vandy v. TN game. We are college football fans who like to check out a different SEC game each Thanksgiving. Any recommendations on bars we have to go to? For game day, we plan on just walking around the stadium & checking out the tailgates.

Sit on the deck at Calhoun's on Neyland Drive. Or bar hop on Cumberland Avenue between 17th and 23rd with the beer drinking rowdies. Also, Market Square in the middle of downtown or the Old City around Central north of Summit Hill.

I'd suggest Calhoun's which is primarily a BBQ restaurant. The deck is nice though... on the river, in the shadow of the stadium.

I'm certainly not the best person to ask on the subject since I haven't lived in Knoxville since about 25 years ago, but Thunder does bring up a good point about Calhoun's. It's a pretty unique spot with a nice deck/patio. As for the strip, you can basically just follow the crowd from the stadium after the game and half of them will walk to the strip. Don't expect our fans to be overly excited after the game, even if we win. Most of us view beating Vandy as something akin to beating up your younger brother or sister-something that it's hard to extract much pleasure from..

everything Thunder said is good advice, I'd also recommend
the Blackhorse Pub and Brewery..they make their own beer, and the food is good, and it's a couple of miles west of campus...

blackhorse-pub

Enjoy your trip, and don't miss the Vol Walk, before the game...

I always put a fifth in the wife's purse and called it a bar and you won't have no problem finding someone to take a shot with you, done it many time's in the 80's and 90's oh oh those was the day's.:)

Club XYZ on N. Central St is worth trying. I think you guys will dig the vibe.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back