Things to do on Friday before OK game

cjbongoinstructor

I am flying into Knoxville at around 9am on Friday before the OK game. I was wondering if anyone could throw out some things to check out/do on Friday involving UT.

I looked up stadium tours but those are only offered M-T. Are there any cool things to check out on campus or nearby? I have been down to see the Vol Navy but that's about it. Just looking to kill some time during the day on Fri. Thanks in advance!

I am flying into Knoxville at around 9am on Friday before the OK game. I was wondering if anyone could throw out some things to check out/do on Friday involving UT.

I looked up stadium tours but those are only offered M-T. Are there any cool things to check out on campus or nearby? I have been down to see the Vol Navy but that's about it. Just looking to kill some time during the day on Fri. Thanks in advance!

Not UT related, but you could hike in Smokies to Mt Leconte. There are several trails

Not UT related, but you could hike in Smokies to Mt Leconte. There are several trails

Thanks! Also does anyone know where some of my friends and I could go on Friday night/after the game on Sat other than restaurants (some places where folks will be dancing)?

If you do go to climb to MT. Leconte keep in mind, for you and anyone with you, that the air is thinner up there. It's only about a half mile, but VERY easy to get winded. Good news is, they have benches about every 50 yards or so. Nothing anywhere close to some of the stuff I did in the Rockies, but not to be underestimated. On a clear day, the views are beautiful, and there is a tower you can go up in to see it. If you see 'smoke' coming up from the trees, that is pure oxygen that is being produced by the plant life, thus the name The Smokies.
As for night life, I haven't lived in Knoxville in over 20 years, so I am not a good person to give advice on night spots. I do want to go to some of the places that VN regulars talk about, like the Preservation Pub, or whatever the correct name is.

If you do go to climb to MT. Leconte keep in mind, for you and anyone with you, that the air is thinner up there. It's only about a half mile, but VERY easy to get winded. Good news is, they have benches about every 50 yards or so. Nothing anywhere close to some of the stuff I did in the Rockies, but not to be underestimated. On a clear day, the views are beautiful, and there is a tower you can go up in to see it. If you see 'smoke' coming up from the trees, that is pure oxygen that is being produced by the plant life, thus the name The Smokies.
As for night life, I haven't lived in Knoxville in over 20 years, so I am not a good person to give advice on night spots. I do want to go to some of the places that VN regulars talk about, like the Preservation Pub, or whatever the correct name is.

MphsBlues, I believe you are getting Mt Le Conte and Clingmans Dome mixed up. The shortest route up Le Conte is still around 5 miles and it's very strenuous (Alum Cave). I don't recommend this the day before a football game unless everyone going is in good shape. Clingmans Dome however is a fairly easy paved path from the parking lot to a lookout. Will be crowded, but much easier.

Reactions: 1 person

Knoxville Strip Club | Strip Club Knoxville | Batchlor Party Knoxville

Reactions: 1 person

Cumberland Baptist Church - Knoxville, Tennessee

VN Store

Back