Oklahoma fans coming to Knoxville

sgsooners

We will be staying at the Best Western on Pratt Road - any suggestions for local restaurant/bars in this area (not chains)? Also, we were planning to park somewhere in the market square area and ride the shuttle to the UT/OU game - is this a good plan or is there a better solution? We had such a good time with the Tennessee fans who visited Norman last year and are really looking forward to the trip

We will be staying at the Best Western on Pratt Road - any suggestions for local restaurant/bars in this area (not chains)? Also, we were planning to park somewhere in the market square area and ride the shuttle to the UT/OU game - is this a good plan or is there a better solution? We had such a good time with the Tennessee fans who visited Norman last year and are really looking forward to the trip

Game is in Nashville, not Knoxville.

El Chico's is a nice Mexican Rest. within walking distance. It is a chain, but not a big one.

Aubrey's is about two exits north off of I-75. Right at end of exit, then left after a few hundred feet, up the hill and on the left. Technically a chain, but they might all be in Knoxville - 4 or 5 of them.

Near UT, Copper Cellar on Cumberland Avenue or Calhoun's on Neyland Drive (on the river and in the shadows of the stadium). Also, Ruth's Chris is just a little east of Calhoun's. Actually you could walk from Calhoun's. Sunspot also on Cumberland Avenue.

Chop House is a couple miles east of your stay. Take Merchant to Cedar (you're driving through a residential area for a mile or two) to Broadway (commercial highway district... 5 lane road). Turn right on Broadway and it's about a mile on the left... Behind a liquor store that fronts Broadway.

Market Square is only about a mile and a half walk to the stadium. Follow the crowd.

I'm flying in to Nashville, Thursday 9/10. So I have two nights to soak me up some Tennessee. Any suggestions on hotel/motels outside of Knoxville? I can drive to Knoxville on game day. Looking to save on hotel/motel so I can enjoy the best food Tennessee can offer. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks Boomer!

I'm flying in to Nashville, Thursday 9/10. So I have two nights to soak me up some Tennessee. Any suggestions on hotel/motels outside of Knoxville? I can drive to Knoxville on game day. Looking to save on hotel/motel so I can enjoy the best food Tennessee can offer. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks Boomer!

Depends how far you're wanting to stay away. Crossville would be a decent option, about an hour west of Knoxville.

Calhouns on the River is right by the stadium, Calhouns on Bearden Hill is just west on Kingston Pike, very good and they make the beer:).

Litton's is local and known nationally; it is very good. Right across Broadway from Litton's, on Hotel across from the Fountain City Park, is The Creamery. Local restaurant and good. I've attached a photo. One pin is your motel and the other is Litton's.

image.jpg

Market Square will have numerous restaurants but they will be slammed. The Strip (Cumberland Ave. on campus) is traditional pre-game. Again, will be slammed.

I believe you can park on the Ag Campus off Neyland Dr., and catch a shuttle. Perhaps someone could verify that; we park next to stadium so I am not sure exactly how that works.

Have a good trip,:hi:

He would need a parking pass for AG Campus. There is a shuttle though.

I wouldn't rate calhouns up there as far as food goes. The atmosphere on gameday will be good though and you can show up early and pay to park/tailgate and you might even get a meal voucher.

Market Sq and Gay at have a good selection of restaurants and will be busy but not packed. My favorite is Sweet Ps on Jackson Ave. BBQ and banana pudding

Calhouns on the River is right by the stadium, Calhouns on Bearden Hill is just west on Kingston Pike, very good and they make the beer:).

Litton's is local and known nationally; it is very good. Right across Broadway from Litton's, on Hotel across from the Fountain City Park, is The Creamery. Local restaurant and good. I've attached a photo. One pin is your motel and the other is Litton's.

View attachment 99339

Market Square will have numerous restaurants but they will be slammed. The Strip (Cumberland Ave. on campus) is traditional pre-game. Again, will be slammed.

I believe you can park on the Ag Campus off Neyland Dr., and catch a shuttle. Perhaps someone could verify that; we park next to stadium so I am not sure exactly how that works.

Have a good trip,:hi:
I agree about Litton's but I would not park at ag... too much of a cluster. If you just want to park and not tailgate best place to park is Civic Coliseum garage. Civic Coliseum parking is $10.00 and shuttle takes you to Neyland $5 a person and only a little over a half mile to Interstate 40.

Last edited:
Just heard on radio that UT has a UTsports.com to check on parking, roads, etc.

Remember, this is the hills of East Tennessee; sometimes "you can't get there from here":).

Puléos Grille - Southern Roots - Italian Heritage

The location on Merchants Drive is around the corner from your motel. I would recommend it.

VN Store

Back