Knoxville Hotel Advice

ButchBallVFL

Buddies and I just all confirmed our days for the Oklahoma game, which I know I'm way late here and all but to have as much money for fun but to stay close (within 10 miles) and something clean, what're your native suggestions?

Buddies and I just all confirmed our days for the Oklahoma game, which I know I'm way late here and all but to have as much money for fun but to stay close (within 10 miles) and something clean, what're your native suggestions?

They're already booked. Grab a room at the Papermill exit if something is cancelled.

I stay on Merchants Drive. Perfect distance from Neyland and decent prices. Easy taxi down and back.

Reactions: 2 people
We always stay at Strawberry Plains (LaQuinta or Best Western). About 10 miles east of Knoxville but very little traffic going that way after game. Much more reasonably priced being a little out of town.

Reactions: 6 people
Thanks fellas for suggestion, booked in strawberry plains looked close enough and not a terrible rate. Appreciate the advice and responses!

Reactions: 1 person
It is a little far out, we stay at the Holiday Inn Express (next to Bass Pro Shop). Shuttle bus to the game for $20. You get there hour before the game and leaves half hour after the game ends. Not the experience we get when we stay at the Marriott, but with a national champion contender those days are over for me and I am fine with that.

hard to find anything. I used to book rooms in January before prices got jacked. Was easy to get them and cheaper. I have a condo in East Tennessee now so don't need rooms. Not sure how it has changed. I'm talking 8 years ago when I booked rooms.

Alcoa was a good place to get rooms that was really close and easy ride in. Jameson Inn out there. As I said I did reservations in January

It is a little far out, we stay at the Holiday Inn Express (next to Bass Pro Shop). Shuttle bus to the game for $20. You get there hour before the game and leaves half hour after the game ends. Not the experience we get when we stay at the Marriott, but with a national champion contender those days are over for me and I am fine with that.

Who is the national champion contender?

The last 3 years I have reserved rooms in March for all home games. You will pay premium prices now. Priceline might work last minute. Kingston or pigeon forge might have cheap rooms. Good to have a permanent friend in Knoxville for best prices.

I don't know.. I use Hilton points.. Stay free

What's the deal with that hotel? I've never stayed there but was able to book a room for the Arkansas game for 20k points a night about two weeks ago.

That's nuts because the downtown Hilton properties always go for minimum 3x that.

Did i just stumble on a bad pricing algorithm or is this common?

You guys saying that all the hotels off Cedar Bluff/North Peters/Parkside are booked even?

Try looking at hotels off the Merchants Drive exit off 275. It's about a 7 minute, easy drive from campus. There are several hotels there that usually don't book up until late.

Airbnb is a great option. The government will try to shut this and Lyft and Uber down, but citizens need to fight back. The sharing economy is a feather in the Millennial generation's cap.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks fellas for suggestion, booked in strawberry plains looked close enough and not a terrible rate. Appreciate the advice and responses!

We'll be at the LaQuinta. After reading the Trip Advisor reviews, I hope the remodeling is done by October.

Airbnb is a great option. The government will try to shut this and Lyft and Uber down, but citizens need to fight back. The sharing economy is a feather in the Millennial generation's cap.

If Uber gets shut down they are just asking a lot of people to drink and drive. Yes yes, always have a DD but frankly that's not always the case and uber is the next best option that's most frequently used.

VN Store

Back