Hampton Roads/Va Beach VOLS??

There used to be an email chain that went out most weeks of a game organizing meet ups usually either in Downtown Norfolk (Granby Street) or in Olde Towne Portsmouth. I hardly ever made it to any of them though and I haven't received any emails at all this season so, either the group stopped meeting or I got axed from the list for never showing up.

Google makes everyone smart, my friend.

That's what I figured but, with you being a military man, I figured it wasn't out of the question for you to have spent some time in the area. Never can tell what you might have gotten up to while you were in the neighborhood.

That's what I figured but, with you being a military man, I figured it wasn't out of the question for you to have spent some time in the area. Never can tell what you might have gotten up to while you were in the neighborhood.

Do you live here? I'm in the Chic's Beach area. Work at NSA Hampton Roads.

Haha, wow, yeah that's close. I probably drive within shouting distance of your house on my way home every night. I'm a block away from all the bar/restaurants at the back of the neighborhood; HK, Zia's, Green Parrot, etc.

If you ever run by a guy walking a blue tick (although he's a lot darker than Smokey) through the neighborhood, you can feel pretty confident that's me.

I'll keep an eye out. I did see a girl and what I assumed was her mom walking a gorgeous bluetick over the summer on the beach. Not far from the bridge actually. Would that have been your fam?

Probably not, it's just me and the fiance right now but that is definitely our stomping grounds. When the weather is cooperative, we will usually try to get a walk on the beach in and start at the entrance right next to the new(ish) restaurant Buoy and walk down to the fence at Little Creek and back.

crazy because it was right at Buoy 44, but I figured it wouldn't be. They were shocked I even knew what a bluetick was, despite my explanation of being a Tennessee fan. The younger girl was a real looker though. I think they were tourists.

anyways, I'm not really a UT basketball fan, but if you ever want to get together for a game or something, let me know.

Well definitely wasn't the fiance then because she has been well indoctrinated into all things Vols over the last few years so if you would have said that to her she definitely wouldn't have been surprised you knew it was a blue tick and would have mentioned running into a UT fan to me. Ironically enough, it appears you have something in common with her too though because she went to ODU.

I usually don't make any trips out anywhere for the basketball games but maybe once we get into the SEC games and there is a good one on a Saturday we can figure something out. I like to head up to O'learys right next to the bridge on Great Neck for those types of things.

Nothing special really but a) I know the owner b) they have almost as many TVs as any of the actual sports bars around and c) even on NFL Sunday's it never really gets crazy full so you never have to wait for anything or worry about getting a table or seat at the bar.

Yea, I'm dumb. I know exactly where you're talking about. I literally worked next door when I lived here going to ODU. I just wasn't paying enough attention when I scrolled through that yesterday. Pretty good place and pretty good food.

VN Store

Back