Road Trip to Neyland

ubbadog

Hello Vol Fans,

My friend and I will be making our first trip to Neyland Stadium this weekend from Michigan. This has always been a bucket list item for us, so we are both very excited to get down there. We plan to arrive Friday afternoon after checking out the Smokey Mountain National park.

I have been reading some of the forums for a about a week so I have an idea of some things that are must do’s: The Vol Walk, Salute to the Hill, Calhoun’s to see the Vol Navy, etc. I was wondering if anyone else had some suggestions for us to get the full Tennessee experience.

• What are some bars that we should check out downtown on Friday night and Saturday after the game? We are both 23 years old. My friend enjoys drinking good quality beer and conversation; I on the other hand would rather be on the dance floor.
• What is the best place to buy some Tennessee gear for the game?
• We plan on wandering around during tailgating hours. Are people usually welcoming to guests here? I know at some colleges you will get the “Who do you know here routine.”
• We are in section J of the lower bowl. I have looked at two seating charts. One of them says that these seats are part of the student section and one of them says it is not. Can anyone confirm this?

Those are the questions I can think of right now. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

Student section has changed since I was one, but I believe the lower part of section J will be student section, the upper part won't be.

You can find UT gear at the bookstore on campus, or Alumni Hall at either West Town Mall or Turkey Creek. Or pretty much any other store that sells clothing in town.

Tailgaters will be very welcoming. Make sure to tell them you're from out of town and just here to experience Neyland. People will be curious and want to share with you if you do this.

Last edited:
Anyone feeling generous in letting me and my bride join your tailgating festivities. Coming from st louis are. Huge VOL fan here. Would love to enjoy pregame with some great folks. Thanks. Semper Fi. And GBO

VN Store

Back