Vol fans in Florida

TennFan

How many Vol fans do we have in Florida? Ring in! I know there are a few in Brevard County because I've seen some UT/Vol plates on the front bumpers. I'm a transplanted Vol to Florida. Been here this time 6 years. Originally from upper east Tennessee and lived in northern VA for 18 years prior. Retired military and Federal Government employee.

Last edited:
The Tennessee Alumni Tampa chapter meets at Charran's Tavern every game day. Pretty big following and usually a giant inflatable Smokey out front of bar. In west Tampa off Memorial. I haven't been yet but will go this year with family.

I have a friend active in Orlando chapter and we're going to Old Spice Classic for basketball also.

The Tennessee Alumni Tampa chapter meets at Charran's Tavern every game day. Pretty big following and usually a giant inflatable Smokey out front of bar. In west Tampa off Memorial. I haven't been yet but will go this year with family.

I have a friend active in Orlando chapter and we're going to Old Spice Classic for basketball also.

Are you an Alum? I wonder if there are enough of us here in Sarasota/Bradenton to start a chapter or sub-chapter?

Are you an Alum? I wonder if there are enough of us here in Sarasota/Bradenton to start a chapter or sub-chapter?

I went on the the alumni website and asked them what's needed to start a chapter. I'm interested to see what they say.

When I lived in Charleston, SC we had a great group for UT games. It was a lot of fun.

Not alumni, just a fan. The Tampa and Orlando chapter don't care as long as you're orange and don't act a fool.

I went to college at USF.

That's fine...I still told them there are many alums in Sarasota....we'll see what happens.

Dickel12 said the owner of the Bearded Clam near the airport is a UT alum. Maybe we can all meet up there?

I live about 15 minutes from Charrans where Vol fans meet.
Not an alumni but I love UT sports.

That's fine...I still told them there are many alums in Sarasota....we'll see what happens.

Dickel12 said the owner of the Bearded Clam near the airport is a UT alum. Maybe we can all meet up there?

I'm good with that. Let me know and maybe we all can schedule.

Tampa. I don't get to go much because of my son's different game times but you will feel right at home with this chapter.

New in town, looking for a place to gather. Do Sarasota Vols watch games anywhere?

The Bearded Clam just past the airport on 41 is owned by a UT alum...so I've heard. That may be a little far from Gulfgate.

We could all meet in the Gulfgate area for a game. There are plenty of bars in that area. Let's pick a game and make it happen.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
The Bearded Clam just past the airport on 41 is owned by a UT alum...so I've heard. That may be a little far from Gulfgate.

We could all meet in the Gulfgate area for a game. There are plenty of bars in that area. Let's pick a game and make it happen.

I haven't been to the Bearded Clam yet. But have messaged the Bearded Clam Facebook page and was told a few VOLS fans meet during games. It would be great to get together with some fellow transplanted Vols Fanatics

I haven't been to the Bearded Clam yet. But have messaged the Bearded Clam Facebook page and was told a few VOLS fans meet during games. It would be great to get together with some fellow transplanted Vols Fanatics

Where are you located again? Aren't you off University?

The game is at 8 on Sat and I know I'll be in no shape to drive too far for the OU game. Maybe UGA at the Clam?

We are in the Gulf Gate area, but not planning on going out to watch the OU game. I will spend the evening pacing my living room floor and scaring my dogs. I was hoping to find somewhere closer to go for a few other games but would go to the Clam if other Vols will be there.

VN Store

Back