You’re not gonna believe this but....

The pot obviously has fried whatever brain cells he had remaining.

Really stupid, because you don't even develop a physical dependency with pot. You don't have "withdrawals" like you do with hard drugs or even with alcohol or tobacco. The dude just likes getting high, and can't lay off.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
The pot obviously has fried whatever brain cells he had remaining.

Really stupid, because you don't even develop a physical dependency with pot. You don't have "withdrawals" like you do with hard drugs or even with alcohol or tobacco. The dude just likes getting high, and can't lay off.
I had physical symptoms when I quit smoking weed 12 years ago. Headaches and anxiety mostly but it still had an unpleasant effect. It’s as addictive as anything else is. Not as harmful as some other substances but certainly not harmless.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I had physical symptoms when I quit smoking weed 12 years ago. Headaches and anxiety mostly but it still had an unpleasant effect. It’s as addictive as anything else is. Not as harmful as some other substances but certainly not harmless.
prepare to be flamed.

Congrats to you for stopping if it affected you badly

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
prepare to be flamed.
It won’t bother me at all. I like having an honest conversation about the topic. I’m all for decriminalizing it and maybe totally legalizing it. I don’t think I would use again even if it were legal here.
Congrats to you for stopping if it affected you badly
Thank you. It was quit or risk going back to jail. Not a hard choice for me.

It won’t bother me at all. I like having an honest conversation about the topic. I’m all for decriminalizing it and maybe totally legalizing it. I don’t think I would use again even if it were legal here.

Thank you. It was quit or risk going back to jail. Not a hard choice for me.
I used to volunteer at "help clinic", saw all types of stuff most recreational users deny even exist. saw enough where I never had any interest.

It really isn't though. Unlike tobacco, cannabis does not contain nicotine. Anyone who has stopped smoking marijuana and also given up cigarettes knows the difference.

Reactions: billford
No one's going to flame him if that was his personal experience. The reason you get flamed is you make statements with no personal experience.
Yeah, I have never been around people who smoked, never volunteered, never even been outside even.

I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

Yeah, I have never been around people who smoked, never volunteered, never even been outside even.

Cute quote, has nothing to do with the subject. You want people to take you seriously on a subject, they want to know you've walked a mile in their shoes. It's easy for you to harp on the bad things you've seen, but you can't counterbalance that with good experiences, and there are good experiences, that you yourself have had. Your argument is one sided simply because you haven't lived the experience.

Do you still drink? If so, why? Alcohol is far more destructive than weed. Doesn't make it less enjoyable.

I'm not claiming marijuana doesn't come with risks, but like most things in life, those willing to take the risk should be allowed without facing the moral police that pretty much turn their back on many other vices.

Cute quote, has nothing to do with the subject. You want people to take you seriously on a subject, they want to know you've walked a mile in their shoes. It's easy for you to harp on the bad things you've seen, but you can't counterbalance that with good experiences, and there are good experiences, that you yourself have had. Your argument is one sided simply because you haven't lived the experience.

Do you still drink? If so, why? Alcohol is far more destructive than weed. Doesn't make it less enjoyable.

I'm not claiming marijuana doesn't come with risks, but like most things in life, those willing to take the risk should be allowed without facing the moral police that pretty much turn their back on many other vices.
I am not against people smoking. if thats your thing go for it. I just don't pretend its harmless after seeing firsthand how it CAN effect people.

I have never been shot, don't need to to know its bad for someone. also just because I have a positive/negative experience with something doesn't mean everyone has the same experience, which is what everyone assumes with weed.

I am not against people smoking. if thats your thing go for it. I just don't pretend its harmless after seeing firsthand how it CAN effect people.

I have never been shot, don't need to to know its bad for someone. also just because I have a positive/negative experience with something doesn't mean everyone has the same experience, which is what everyone assumes with weed.

I've never assumed everyone has the same experience with weed as I do. Most people I know have never made that assumption. But when you get on a MB to talk, you're mostly going to talk about your experience. My experiences have always been good. That doesn't mean I haven't met people with bad experiences. I met a guy, he smoked weed and it triggered a panic attack. Had to go to the ER over it. When he said he quit because of it, I didn't try to change his mind. That was his experience.

The thing is, no one wants people who have no experience on a subject to lecture them on the subject. Do you want me showing up at your office telling you how to design buildings? Of course not.

I've never assumed everyone has the same experience with weed as I do. Most people I know have never made that assumption. But when you get on a MB to talk, you're mostly going to talk about your experience. My experiences have always been good. That doesn't mean I haven't met people with bad experiences. I met a guy, he smoked weed and it triggered a panic attack. Had to go to the ER over it. When he said he quit because of it, I didn't try to change his mind. That was his experience.

The thing is, no one wants people who have no experience on a subject to lecture them on the subject. Do you want me showing up at your office telling you how to design buildings? Of course not.
smoking weed is a profession, requires a specific degree, years of training, and several tests to get into? Sounds a lot more serious than I thought.

a more comfortable analogy would be telling me about food I haven't tried. and again just because I haven't smoked doesn't mean I don't have experience dealing with people who have. I know people who enjoy Indian food, I don't, never had a bad experience myself, but I know some who had. doesn't mean I can't talk about what CAN happen.

He's had so many fixers clean up his messes throughout his life, why wouldn't he believe someone from his team or NFL is going to come along and fix this for him as well? This has nothing to do with pot "dependency." Cooter, Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltarne, and the Duke Boys probably bought into the whole weed is dope thing but most people in 21st century USA under the age of 80 no longer do.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Not a big surprise. I don't understand people. He has a great opportunity in front of him why mess things up. I guess you can take the man out of the hood. But you can't take the hood out of the man.

Anything can become addictive, It's called a habit. Like everything else, moderation is good, and overuse is bad.
But all habits are not equally hard to break. There is no comparison between the addictive elements of tobacco (nicotine) and cannabis.

Marijuana Addict: I'm here today because I'm addicted to marijuana.
Rehab Patient: You in here 'cuz of marijuana?! Man, this is some bulls***!
Cocaine Addict: Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck d*** for coke.
Rehab Patient: I seen him do it!
Cocaine Addict: Now that's an addiction, man. You ever suck some d*** for marijuana?
Marijuana Addict: No, I can't say I have.
Cocaine Addict: I didn't think so.
Rehab Patient: Boo this man!

VN Store

Back