'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

The other kid is named Doug Nester. Been committed to OSU for over a year, I think. Was once regarded as best player in the state and a top 25ish player nationally. He has since dropped a bit in the rankings. He plays for Spring Valley, who is undefeated currently. Wright plays for Huntington High, who is 6-1. Spring Valley and Huntington play in the last game of the reg season.

They don't care much for each other, and it is why I stated long ago that I didn't see OSU as a legit threat for DW (TN or Bama, IMO). It may have as much to do with the high school rivalry as anything, and the fact that they have physically linked up against each other in the past, as anything. Wright has downplayed the personal rivalry and relationship with Nester in interviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: GetEmVols
The other kid is named Doug Nester. Been committed to OSU for over a year, I think. Was once regarded as best player in the state and a top 25ish player nationally. He has since dropped a bit in the rankings. He plays for Spring Valley, who is undefeated currently. Wright plays for Huntington High, who is 6-1. Spring Valley and Huntington play in the last game of the reg season.

They don't care much for each other, and it is why I stated long ago that I didn't see OSU as a legit threat for DW (TN or Bama, IMO). It may have as much to do with the high school rivalry as anything, and the fact that they have physically linked up against each other in the past, as anything. Wright has downplayed the personal rivalry and relationship with Nester in interviews.
Wow, that’s a stretch. Play against each other in high school. Come on man!

I think Quavaris Crouch ends up elsewhere but Tennessee has a good shot at Darnell Wright. Alabama is tough to beat in any recruiting battle, but Wright has a lot of Tennessee supporters in his camp and the distance from home is much better. However, many feel the Tide will win this battle in the end but I think it’s a toss-up. The Vols have done a good job recruiting both players and staying in the mix against playoff teams. Even if they lose both, I’m impressed with the job they have done. Imagine if they can land Wright along with Wanya Morris, what that would do for their offense down the line.
Farrell

I think Wright really likes UT and has a special relationship with the staff. Bama is the only school that could pull him away, I think we win in the end. I know nothing earth-shattering.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I think Wright really likes UT and has a special relationship with the staff. Bama is the only school that could pull him away, I think we win in the end. I know nothing earth-shattering.
Bama's chances of signing Evan Neal in December look pretty good. If Bama gets Neal, it seems like that could make it tougher for Bama to land Wright too. Proximity and chances for Wright to start his 1st year at UT bode well for the Vols.

VN Store

Back