WV Fans

MDVols

Predict how many wins and which teams y’all beat if WV had our schedule. Just curious due to the 50 point first half predictions on some of y’alls sites. Of course I want to hear from our fans as well.

Reactions: Volanta
Predict how many wins and which teams y’all beat if WV had our schedule. Just curious due to the 50 point first half predictions on some of y’alls sites. Of course I want to hear from our fans as well.
I think we could go 9-2 after the opener.

I say you lose to Georgia, Auburn, Bama, and South Carolina with toss ups between Florida and Missouri. I think Missouri is WVs twin.

Reactions: savannahfan
The only reason I say toss up on Florida is because of the unknown with what Mullen will actually do year 1.

Vegas has WVU at 7 wins with a schedule that includes an FCS team, Kansas, and Baylor. Essentially 3 bye weeks. Toss in a Vols team that went 4-8 and expected to suck, and a pretty lousy NC State team and you have 5 of their wins. My guess is Vegas also believes they will beat Iowa and Texas Tech in their league to hit the 7.

To think they'd get to 9 wins with our schedule is a pretty interesting opinion. They're not very good. Grier is a caliber of recruit you'd see in the SEC, but they don't have many other to which I can say that. Their WRs do very well against terrible competition.

I think we will win a game in which the talent disparity becomes pretty obvious in the second half. WVU would struggle to hit 5-6 wins as an SEC E team, especially with their lack of even halfway decent depth. They have Miss St. to Kentucky level resources. I think we will struggle to hit 6-7 wins with our schedule, but ultimately be in the same realm - not competing for anything decent postseason.

As a WVU grad that grew up a Vol and knows each program pretty intimately, I can say confidently both teams are mediocre this year. Don't expect their fanbase to agree. They never understood the vast difference between the big east and power 5 in the 2000s, and I'm fairly confident they don't grasp the difference in their watered down Big12 vs. the SEC and other major conferences now. Fans will be fans.

Vegas has WVU at 7 wins with a schedule that includes an FCS team, Kansas, and Baylor. Essentially 3 bye weeks. Toss in a Vols team that went 4-8 and expected to suck, and a pretty lousy NC State team and you have 5 of their wins. My guess is Vegas also believes they will beat Iowa and Texas Tech in their league to hit the 7.

To think they'd get to 9 wins with our schedule is a pretty interesting opinion. They're not very good. Grier is a caliber of recruit you'd see in the SEC, but they don't have many other to which I can say that. Their WRs do very well against terrible competition.

I think we will win a game in which the talent disparity becomes pretty obvious in the second half. WVU would struggle to hit 5-6 wins as an SEC E team, especially with their lack of even halfway decent depth. They have Miss St. to Kentucky level resources. I think we will struggle to hit 6-7 wins with our schedule, but ultimately be in the same realm - not competing for anything decent postseason.

As a WVU grad that grew up a Vol and knows each program pretty intimately, I can say confidently both teams are mediocre this year. Don't expect their fanbase to agree. They never understood the vast difference between the big east and power 5 in the 2000s, and I'm fairly confident they don't grasp the difference in their watered down Big12 vs. the SEC and other major conferences now. Fans will be fans.
Nice perspective.

Reactions: SalVolinus
Not a WVU fan (I dont do meth). I think they would go 6-5 (likely) or 7-4 against our schedule. Losses to Bama UGA Auburn and USCe with UF being tossup...

What difference does it make? They don't play any of the teams on our schedule. Looking at the schedule they actually do play, it looks like their November is brutal.

Reactions: Boca Vol
SC being touted by some as in the same class with at least Auburn. Missouri is the same team as W. Va whomever got the ball last probably wins. I see it losses to Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, and SC. Tossups Missouri, Florida, Kentucky. Wins ETSU, Vandy, Charlotte, UTEP.

50 point 1st half...I never said that...well, we do have some homers on here...present company included, of course...rather have us win by one point with one second to go...and WV would not fare well with our schedule...better them stay in the "air it out conference"...:eek:

GO VOLS!

I would say we would definitely lose to Auburn, Georgia, and Alabama. If we had Auburn at home maybe we would beat them, but still not sure.

Same question to you all, other than our game how do you think you would do with our schedule?

WV vs Youngstown St.
WV @ NC State
WV vs K State
WV @ Tex Tech
WV vs. Kansas
WV @Iowa St
WV vs. Baylor
WV @ Texas
WV vs. TCU
WV @ Ok State
WV vs. OU

You all have like an impossible three game skid when you play UGA Auburn and Alabama in consecutive weeks. God bless you. Our November should be extremely difficult and interesting if we are somehow in the hunt for the Big 12.

WVUs poor run defense would be a big problem, and with the calibur of SEC D lines putting pressure on Greir and DBs that can run with their receivers... they would finish 7-5 or 6-6 playing our schedule in my opinion.

Same question to you all, other than our game how do you think you would do with our schedule?

WV vs Youngstown St.
WV @ NC State
WV vs K State
WV @ Tex Tech
WV vs. Kansas
WV @Iowa St
WV vs. Baylor
WV @ Texas
WV vs. TCU
WV @ Ok State
WV vs. OU

You all have like an impossible three game skid when you play UGA Auburn and Alabama in consecutive weeks. God bless you. Our November should be extremely difficult and interesting if we are somehow in the hunt for the Big 12.
I’d trade schedules with y’all in a heartbeat. Kinda unbelievable that we might be your biggest test until you play Texas in November. I say we’d go around 7-5/8-4 with your schedule.

Not trying to down your team mountaineers, but the truth is you would be on the same level as Kentucky, Vandy, and maybe most like Mizzou (with the similar offenses) but your recruiting is on the same level as those teams I just mentioned. Your coaching staff hit a home run in 16 with David Sills. But the truth is we have 10+ starting players with that kind of playmaking ability or higher! You have a scheme that works against your conference (sometimes) and with Butch Jones you likely beat us. Pruitt will outscheme you guys on D, and Helton and company will dial up a run it down your throat + home run passes. I know we weren’t anything to be scared of last year, and I’m damn sure not saying we’re going to win the SEC E. I guess my whole point is to let you know your highly overrated and will lose to a team who is ranked passed 70 something. Lower your expectations and hope for 6-7 wins with your powder puff schedule WV fans. GBO!

WV vs Youngstown St.
WV @ NC State
WV vs K State
WV @ Tex Tech
WV vs. Kansas
WV @Iowa St
WV vs. Baylor
WV @ Texas
WV vs. TCU
WV @ Ok State
WV vs. OU

We would win at least 9 games

VN Store

Back