Would love to hear from somone who was at Jordan Hare. Vol fans sounded

The UT fans totally owned their corner of the stadium. As the fourth quarter wound down and the Auburn fans began to drift out, all the UT fans just flowed in and made that end a mini version of Neyland. It felt electric. And when the cheers broke out for the team as they headed of the field and the band started playing the Tennessee Waltz, the bright sun and deep blue fall sky.....man it was glorious.
Beautiful description. Glad you were there to enjoy it.

Reactions: TennesseeTaz
it is a great venue and the people were extremely nice to us. I do think there crowd showed up late and that most thought they would win big and then party after the game. what a great trip go vols

Reactions: OneVolNation
The AU-UT series was very special back in the day. Both being land grant universities and sharing a lot of the same colleges produced a unique relationship between the schools. Before UT had a Vet school most UT grads were accepted into the AU Vet program and a lot of AU agricultural students would do their post-graduate work at UT. There was some type of arrangement between the schools where you would not have to pay out of state for these programs at the time.

There were many marriages between AU and UT students in the past.

There were some great games in the series too. The 1973 rain game where UT got the lead and punted on first down for the rest of the game. The 1985 Sports Illustrated game where TRob stole the cover away from Bo Jackson. The 1980 game in Auburn that UT won 40-0. Much more class to this series than UGA or UF.

You are so right, Carl.

That’s really cool. Would hope more schools would do this type of thing. Benefits both very much.

Reactions: Paper_Towel
My first time visiting Auburn and it ranks #3 for me as far as SEC stadiums/campuses I have visited (not including UT). We have 6 left to visit.

Campus/Stadium
- Beautiful campus, seemed very traditional southern type campus - red brick
-People seemed to just plop their tailgaiting tents wherever. Their campus is spread out (compared to Florida), but still very walkable. But because they spread out with tailgating, it seemed very quiet and not a happening tailgating scene.
- Stadium seemed big from the outside, but really had a small stadium feel on the inside. I thought our seats were great (in an Auburn section), but with being recent SECW champions, national champions, etc., I would have expected more.

Traditions - overall, just very disappointed in these.
- We checked out Toomers Corner - where they roll the trees and just that general area. While it was a happening area, I was expecting a lot more.
- Tiger Walk - very similar from one walk to the other. I can appreciate hour our band/cheerleaders are at somewhat the middle of the walk, so you have more fans into the sites and sounds. Their band is at the very beginning, where we did not hear them at all and we were probably somewhat in the middle of the walk. Just seemed flat.
- Their release of the eagle into the stadium was neat, but it just happened. There was really not much hype or much to lead up to it. It makes me compare to when Cocky (the dressed up mascot) is released out of his cage at SC, they hype it up with a song for a good minute, to get the crowd into it. That has a lot more rowdiness than the eagle.

Fans
-They were generally nice, but quiet. Might have been the timing of the game and the fact that it was fall break. But they only got a little loud when it was 4th down for us. Otherwise, lots of griping with their plays. Also a number of griping that I was in their section. Too bad!
-I also thought it was bad of their fans to be leaving in the 3rd. Most left in the 4th, but there were a number of people leaving in the 3rd after we took the lead. They did not want to stick around to see us win. But as many close away games as I have been to, we always fell flat and this game had so much time left in it. Just did not understand the desire to leave when it only takes a quick score play to be right back in it. I think they are already just over this year and not wanting to support this team.
-Our fans traveled well, not the biggest showing I've seen from us, but a heck of a lot better than being at Bama last year. That was just depressing for us to attend.

I thought it looked awful in person from where we were seated, but it looked a little better when I see pictures now. Still not great.

That’s surprising to me, I figured they would of had it on point through out the stadium. Maybe orange and white and Oklahoma are the only schools who should do it!!! Lol

loud on TV. Jordan Hare is fun and Auburn fans are pretty nice. I was there for our 42-0 win in 1980 when Auburn had a Heisman Trophy candidate in James Brooks. Also witnessed the Tennessee Waltz a home in 1985 (second favorite UT game of all time). Tony Robinson was the best UT QB I ever saw. Saw a bunch of losses down there, too. Auburn rivalry is my favorite. It's had a feeling of sportsmanship--opposite of our rivary with the jorts school. I salute all of you that went. The players felt it and some commented on it afterwards. Vol Nation could be heard raising hell in JHS. Well done.

had a blast.. as stated... perfect weather, auburn fans were great hosts, everyone i met were awesome to me and my wife. The game was fun, and at the end of the 4th everyone migrated behind the band, rockytop was loud. was a great experience

. I would love to for UT to play them once every 2 or 3 years. I got nostalgic watching the game Saturday. Was cool to see the big orange on the Plains again.

Auburn and UT fans are the only 2 fanbases who TRULY get each other's hatred for Bama. It's some common ground shared. The Auburn game reminded me that decent southern folks live in Alabama--- and that its not just a state of Crimson-wearing hicks!!

Reactions: TN_Transplant
I was in the upper deck. Auburn fans were classy. The stadium was dead from kickoff. Obviously their fans are fed up. It never got raucous once. I came away with an awesome sunburn but seeing the Vols victorious on the road was a special feeling!

VN Store

Back