Why I Hate the Alabama Crimson Tide: A VN Tradition

Oh god, where to start? I may be one of the few younger Vol fans that hates Bama more than any other team we play. It's really not even close. And now that we've broken the UF streak, everyone can and should hate Bama the most. First, I hate the state. Awful, awful state with trailers on one side of the highway and cow pastures on the other. The unofficial state slogan of Alabama is "At least we're not Mississippi" because they are 49th in education and adult obesity percentage. The second fattest and second dumbest state. Their fans. They are the main reason I hate Bama the most. I know A LOT of them and, ugh, I can't stand them. Thankfully, I've never had the displeasure of living in Alabama, but in Middle Tennessee where I grew up, the bandwagoners are always out in full force. Talking constant s*** about my Tennessee Vols, but they live in this state. All the UA grads seem to move to Tennessee and who can blame them? The state of Alabama, as stated previously, is an absolute joke. I hate their colors. Generic, nothing special at all about them. And honestly, crimson just incites hate. I hate their mascot and their stupid name. It's a dumbazz elephant and they're named after red algae. Makes no sense at all. And of course, the superiority complex. All Bama fans believe that they are the master race because they rep the Tide, but of course whenever you ask them questions about Bama's traditions they couldn't tell you. I have yet to meet one that can tell me the name of their fight song. Beating Bama is something every Vol player should prioritize. It's the one game I want us to win more than any other. Buck Fama. Go to hell, Bama. Come take your azz beating in Neyland. That's all I have to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Oh god, where to start? I may be one of the few younger Vol fans that hates Bama more than any other team we play. It's really not even close. And now that we've broken the UF streak, everyone can and should hate Bama the most. First, I hate the state. Awful, awful state with trailers on one side of the highway and cow pastures on the other. The unofficial state slogan of Alabama is "At least we're not Mississippi" because they are 49th in education and adult obesity percentage. The second fattest and second dumbest state. Their fans. They are the main reason I hate Bama the most. I know A LOT of them and, ugh, I can't stand them. Thankfully, I've never had the displeasure of living in Alabama, but in Middle Tennessee where I grew up, the bandwagoners are always out in full force. Talking constant s*** about my Tennessee Vols, but they live in this state. All the UA grads seem to move to Tennessee and who can blame them? The state of Alabama, as stated previously, is an absolute joke. I hate their colors. Generic, nothing special at all about them. And honestly, crimson just incites hate. I hate their mascot and their stupid name. It's a dumbazz elephant and they're named after red algae. Makes no sense at all. And of course, the superiority complex. All Bama fans believe that they are the master race because they rep the Tide, but of course whenever you ask them questions about Bama's traditions they couldn't tell you. I have yet to meet one that can tell me the name of their fight song. Beating Bama is something every Vol player should prioritize. It's the one game I want us to win more than any other. Buck Fama. Go to hell, Bama. Come take your azz beating in Neyland. That's all I have to say.

You're not alone.

I too was brought up hating Bama. My uncle was a huge UT fan and my aunt made me a hand knitted orange and white scarf for my 5th or 6th birthday. Do not recall exactly where the knowledge of third Saturday in October came from, but I always knew what it meant. My uncle took me to a game in Neyland when I was in my early teen years. Was in awe and instantly a Vol fan for life. In my freshman year at UT, I could not wait to buy Go Vols, Beat Bama gear. Did not get to see UT beat Bama during my time in college, but watched every win and loss since then. Still have that scarf and the first Beat Bama pin I ever bought and will proudly sport both this saturday.

My brother, who was my Vol football news source for years apart from being an awesome younger brother, died 2 years ago. I joined Volnation after that because I missed all the info he would share with me week end and week out, year round about the Vols. In the time I have been a lurker here, I have come to realize he had to be here on Volnation for years before he passed away. A few weeks ago, it really bothered me that he did not get to see streak against Florida be broken, but I hate it even more that he will not get to feel the utter joy of the Vols beating Bama this year. For that reason, I hate Bama even more this year!

I BELIEVE! GO VOLS, BEAT BAMA!

And thanks to all of Volnation (even you negavols out there) for keeping me in the loop on all things Vol!

Reactions: 4 people
BUCK FAMA!!!

Why isn't this thread stickied?

GBO!!!!

TSIO!!!

#BEATTHEHELLOUTTABAMA

Oh yeah...

BUCK FAMA!!!!

Im hosting a party with my alabama friends this weekend. I'm going on amazon right now to order alabama stickers to put inside my dang toilet.......

Don't get me started on Bama... nothing to like about them. Main reason is there fan base, half of which are bandwagon fans. Best team money can buy! BUCK FAMA!!

VN Store

Back