Who on earth is Tua TUNGavaloa?

livefaith

Kessling and the ENTIRE VolNetwork broadcast staff call the guy Tua TUNGavaloa. C'mon, the guy's probably going to walk away with the Heisman Trophy and the natty, and our broadcast team can't pronounce his name properly. He's not a true Freshman or seeing his first action against us either. This is more embarrassing than Ron Zewk on the PA system. It's worse because someone over there has Troy Fleming and everybody on air calling him that.

Reactions: TrentVol
Evidently That is how it is pronounced in Samoan - All announcers pronouce his name that way.

Kessling and the ENTIRE VolNetwork broadcast staff call the guy Tua TUNGavaloa. C'mon, the guy's probably going to walk away with the Heisman Trophy and the natty, and our broadcast team can't pronounce his name properly. He's not a true Freshman or seeing his first action against us either. This is more embarrassing than Ron Zewk on the PA system. It's worse because someone over there has Troy Fleming and everybody on air calling him that.

It's Bob... come man, we wouldn't want it any other way.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
That is how it’s pronounced. You should probably apologize to Bob and the rest of VN for this thread.

Heck, I couldn't pronounce his name either. I'd probably end up just calling him Tuggy.

I don't think Nessler pronounced it the same way twice. But TONG-A-VAY-LO-UH is correct.

Those Polynesian dialects can be tricky.

I think that pronunciation started with (pinch your nose shut and say) Eli Gold. Bammers just heard it on the radio and repeated it.

VN Store

Back