Where Did The Gruden Lovers Go?

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Now that he's 1-3 in his NFL return with his only victory being a OT win over the mighty Browns anyone still think he was the fix all to our problems??? Not saying he wouldn't have been a great hire but I think everyone thought he'd just return and the Raiders would dominate. I think I read before the win this weekend he had lost his last 8 or 9 games in the NFL.

They're still here...just biding time until the front office in Oakland gets cleaned out and the Raiders go deep in the playoffs in a couple of years...then it will be all "I told you so"...can't wait for that to happen...oh wait, YES, YES I CAN...ugggg

Reactions: AllVols
Lane Kiffin from Oakland head coach to Vols head coach. Jon Gruden from Oakland head coach to...

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Wanted him here but never gave a thought to how he might fare at Oakland nor do I care now. For the record also would have been happy with The Pirate. Point being, we have a coach here now that wants to be here so I couldn’t care less how other coaches might be doing.

His offence looks good at Oakland. But, he has weapons and a qb.

My sources tell me that it's a done deal. Pruitt just a stand-in until the finer details of his contract can be ironed out. Book it.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Lurking quietly....due to the tolerant, welcoming, and inclusive Volunteer Brotherhood, some of us remain quiet for the most part. You're welcome.

Grudens performance in returning to the league have little to do with why he would have been a homerun hire here. None of that matters now since our feckless leadership fumbled whatever opportunity there was.

Dan Quinn is also 1-3 with ATL. You telling me you wouldn't take either of those guys over JP? I am not knocking JP either. I really hope he can get it turned around for us. Although you are crazy if you didn't want Gruden to be HC here.

I haven't followed Gruden's progress since becoming the Raiders' coach. But I can't say I'm surprised. Was never a proponent for him being our coach. I suspect it was more of a vocal minority.

Pruitt’s 2-3 with only two wins over cupcakes. Is he a bust, too? Maybe it’s too early to tell on both.

Reactions: Behr
Jon Gruden NFL record- 96 and 84 Superbowl rings-1
Nick Saban NFL record- 15 and 17 Superbowl rings-0

Next question.

That means squat.

Gruden NCs: 0
Saban NCs: 6 (one with another team)

Nice try tho...

Not sure what a "Gruden Lover" is other than some sophomoric term that meatheads use to make themselves feel like they have a clue. Kinduv like Lame Kitten and other smash hits. You even said yourself, "not saying he wouldn't have been a great hire", which is what most people (not all) felt about the prospect of him coaching here.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol and Behr
Dang, that's disappointing. After the way Chuckie jerked us around over 2 coaching searches, I was hoping he would go 0-16.

Pruitt’s 2-3 with only two wins over cupcakes. Is he a bust, too? Maybe it’s too early to tell on both.

I agree, and I also don't understand the obsession some have with the people that wanted what they thought would be the greatest thing to happen to UT football since Neyland, and maybe ever. I mean, wtf is wrong with wanting what you think is the best?

Its also funny how a bunch of people were constantly telling those 'Gruden lovers", to stfu and they'll be glad when we hire someone, anyone, so they don't have to hear about Gruden anymore. Now, they are the only ones still talking about him.

VN Store

Back