What’s the D to do?

Watching wall to wall basketball, the thing I’ve noticed most is the the offensive players can initiate contact ( bump bully drive on back downs to shooter jumping into defender). That kind of basketball sucks.
It’s why I stopped watching NBA and now they have brought it to CBB by the refs letting it go and the restricted arc BS.

I’m glad that we can play physical because NCAAT refs are NOT going to call fouls. Ratings for free throw contests would be low and advertisers would expect the networks to make them good.

I just hope that our matchups don’t include unguardable goons in the paint.

Reactions: StoneokeyVol
I’m glad that we can play physical because NCAAT refs are NOT going to call fouls. Ratings for free throw contests would be low and advertisers would expect the networks to make them good.

Worst part of our game last night was FT's. We need to be much better.

Watching wall to wall basketball, the thing I’ve noticed most is the the offensive players can initiate contact ( bump bully drive on back downs to shooter jumping into defender). That kind of basketball sucks.
Yep, that big dude from Colorado got away with murder on the Bully ball knocked one of the UF players through the end zone and ref called a &1 then UF coach got T'd and don't blame him Colorado scored shot the technical foul and the &1 and got the ball out. Crazy

Not going to call fouls unless Purdue is playing

Not going to call fouls unless Purdue is playing

Edey gets assaulted as a game plan. Refs can’t stop blowing the whistle because he’s a freak. But they should have brought back the 3-second violation. The NCAA outlawed dunks because Lew Alcindor was dominant. Too much for refs to keep up with if they have to constantly count to 3 I guess.

Reactions: Birdvol13
Yep, that big dude from Colorado got away with murder on the Bully ball knocked one of the UF players through the end zone and ref called a &1 then UF coach got T'd and don't blame him Colorado scored shot the technical foul and the &1 and got the ball out. Crazy
Refs let #44 beat up Gators all night he could have stabbed UF player and gotten and 1......

Well, we would have to go through Purdue more than likely. This describes Edey to a T!

Edey gets assaulted as a game plan. Refs can’t stop blowing the whistle because he’s a freak. But they should have brought back the 3-second violation. The NCAA outlawed dunks because Lew Alcindor was dominant. Too much for refs to keep up with if they have to constantly count to 3 I guess.
There were folks at the NCAA back then that just didn't like dunks. They even outlawed them before games, when Marquette used to do them as one of their pre-game drills, making that a technical foul.

March Madness refs want a quick game. So many games are
back to back and they want to keep the schedule moving along.
Fouls/free throws take up too much time. Advertisers don’t want that.

I was watching Purdue yesterday and that big center of theirs does that the whole game. That’s his offense - bump and push the defenders back till he can jam it. It’s ridiculous

I was watching Purdue yesterday and that big center of theirs does that the whole game. That’s his offense - bump and push the defenders back till he can jam it. It’s ridiculous

That’s the state of NCAA basketball along with toeing up on the 3-PL. Purdue simply signed the guy that can exploit the rules interpretation the best.

I watched a local high school game this year, the low post play was decided by brute force not basketball shooting skill and finesse. I guess it's the new norm!

IMO Edey doesn't translate to NBA too slow. He will be a good conditional player, coming in after time out for inbound plays or rebound on Free throws etc... Probably get about 5 minutes each half. If he could get on a team like Iowa that slows the game down but NBA aint playing that way.

Reactions: karmazone
They've pretty much have done away with the charge it seems this year... but if I'm remembering correctly we got two called on us vs Texas. DK and I think JJJ got one?

Regardless though it benefits us the more physical they let the games be. Not a lot of teams can handle our physicality.

And another geezer rant….. I’m old enough to remember when it was only legal to dribble with the top half of the basketball. Now they can tote it like a loaf of bread. Thank you, Alan Iverson🙀🙀😳😳

VN Store

Back