Windy's football discussion thread.

The talking heads won’t be talking about the Vols much after their record and poor play over the past 10 years. Thanks Kiffie, Dools and Butchie.

Reactions: joevol33
Didn’t Butch win a bowl game? I want to upset somebody’s ass on the way to the bowl game.
Yes. the Dobbs Vols won three Bowl games - Whooped Iowa 45-28 in the Tax Slayer Bowl 1/2/15, obliterated Northwestern 45-6 in the Outback Bowl 1/1/16, and beat Nebraska 38-24 in the Music City Bowl 12/30/16.

Yes. the Dobbs Vols won three Bowl games - Whooped Iowa 45-28 in the Tax Slayer Bowl 1/2/15, obliterated Northwestern 45-6 in the Outback Bowl 1/1/16, and beat Nebraska 38-24 in the Music City Bowl 12/30/16.
Two bowl games in two days, that was awesome. 🙂

Reactions: joevol33
I don't think he was/is as bad as some make him out to be. Actually, its a fact that he's not.

he just wasn't the guy to carry us all the way. He's average. Only problem is you can't be an average coach in the SEC. An "average SEC Coach is still highly successful in all but a couple of conferences. An

I was still behind Butch until the Florida game last year
This + 0 and 8 in the SEC + 4 and 8 overall = worn out welcome.

The biggest eye opener for me over the past couple years was his absolute loyalty, or what seemed to be, to the upperclassmen, playing seniority over anything else. Don't get me wrong, loyalty is a trait I admire, right up there with integrity, but seniority has no place in a competitive sport, imo.

I think the man could evaluate talent, he just did not want to hurt anyone's feelers.

VN Store

Back