The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

Lucky him. RFR is a sinking ship.

Edit: He'd be a good pickup for Dale Jr's Xfinity team since Sadler is retiring.
He was, at one time, considered the top replacement. However, it appears that Noah Gragson will get that spot. With Trevor's Advocare money, he should not have any problems getting a part time Cup gig or a decent full time Xfinity ride.

2019 rules package announced

IMC_2019RulesUpdate_Infographic-Toyota.jpg

• Horsepower cut from 750 to 500
  • Aero ducts won't be used at Atlanta, Pocono, Darlington, and Homestead
  • Larger tapered spacer to be used at short tracks and road courses
  • No restrictor plates at Daytona and Talladega (2019 Daytona 500 will use current rules)

2019 rules package announced

IMC_2019RulesUpdate_Infographic-Toyota.jpg

• Horsepower cut from 750 to 500
  • Aero ducts won't be used at Atlanta, Pocono, Darlington, and Homestead
  • Larger tapered spacer to be used at short tracks and road courses
  • No restrictor plates at Daytona and Talladega (2019 Daytona 500 will use current rules)
Garbage. Might as well use the old iroc series rules package. Except they probably turned out more horsepower than this pos package.

Reactions: hog88
I though this should be posted here. A lot of people think she is the real deal and she is a natural.

In only her 22nd start, 17 year-old Hailie Deegan, made a last lap pass to win the NAPA Auto Parts/Idaho 208 race Saturday night at Meridian Speedway, becoming the first female to ever win in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series.

Deegan, is the daughter of X Games motocross legend Brian Deegan.

"It's cool, but it's just one step closer to my end goal," she said. "This is what we kind of planned to have on track. By the end of this year, my goal was to win a race. We checked off that goal. We did what we wanted to do."
The plan is to keep learning and keep progressing, hopefully all the way up to the top NASCAR level, the Monster Energy Cup Series. It's a lofty goal for anyone, male or female.
Toyota officials, who worked with Deegan to get her seat time in the series with McAnally, have made a point to find and develop female talent for stock car racing.

"This is no longer an exploratory [effort]," David Wilson, President of Toyota Racing Development (TRD) USA, said Sunday at Charlotte Motor Speedway. "We are in the driver development business. We are being very intentional relative to diversity and most specifically to finding a young lady who can put all the pieces together to win."

Deegan's victory, he said, is "a great indication that we're on the right track. It's a compliment to these guys [Jack Irving and Tyler Gibbs], their vision and this whole program."

Irving is director of Team and Support Services for TRD. He and Gibbs, Vice President and General Manager for TRD, oversee the driver development program for Toyota.

"We felt she had potential to win, so I don't think it was a surprise." Irving said of Deegan's accomplishment. "The way the season was going, she was improving throughout the year."

Deegan had two runner-up finishes and nine top-10 results before the win.

The victory doesn't alter her five-year plan, Irving said. Two K&N West Series races remain on the 2018 schedule, and plans for '19 are being put together.

"When we finish this year, she will have 22 pavement races in these kinds of cars, [plus] some California-type Late Models that she has raced, too," Irving said. "But you look at somebody like a Derek Kraus or somebody like that who's raced 80, 90, 100 times in these cars, and she's at 20 right now. There's just a lot of pavement time that's still needed to work on the development.

"She's extremely bright, communicates really well, but there's just a long way to go to get there. Just trying to manage that and make sure we put her in the best position for her to mature at the right level but also to learn at the right level."

Deegan admits that she is in no hurry and understands that she still has "a ton" to learn.

"The reason we lost in Vegas is because I jammed a gear, just a rookie mistake," she said of her runner-up finish. "It's just experience. I don't know these things, and we're learning as we go.

"We're still trying to figure out a plan for next year, but I don't really want to move up to necessarily Trucks [NASCAR's Camping World Truck Series] and not be ready for that. Because you're on a big stage. You're in front of a lot of people. You might as well get those little kinks out while you're in the K&N Series before you go to the Truck Series."

The TRD program has seen several high-profile drivers move through its system, including current Cup drivers Kyle Larson and Erik Jones and Xfinity Series standout Christopher Bell.

"Hailie Deegan has been so close to her first win many times," said Steve O'Donnell, Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer for NASCAR, "and we're extremely happy for her that she realized that goal on Saturday.

"She's worked extremely hard for this, and it's great to see that effort rewarded with a victory."

Whether male or female, Irving said that at the end of the day, it all comes down to winning.

"We're looking for the winning female driver," he said. "For them to be in our program long-term and to advance in our program, they have to win. Just like it would be if you're a boy.

"In this case, it's a little more interesting because it is in everybody's face a little bit more. My hope is that she wins enough that we don't do interviews because it's so normal. And I believe we will get to that point. Female drivers will be winning consistently, and it will be normal that they win.

"Hopefully Hailie is one of those dominoes that kind of pushes that."

In 22 starts this season Deegan has 2 runner-up finishes including 5 Top-5's and 10 - Top10 finishes including being the first female Pole winner for the September 13th race on the half-mile Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Deegan currently sets 5th in points in the K&N West Series.

hailie-deegan1-copy-copy.jpg
DUbajd6U0AAbKGg.jpg

I though this should be posted here. A lot of people think she is the real deal and she is a natural.

In 22 starts this season Deegan has 2 runner-up finishes including 5 Top-5's and 10 - Top10 finishes including being the first female Pole winner for the September 13th race on the half-mile Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Deegan currently sets 5th in points in the K&N West Series.

hailie-deegan1-copy-copy.jpg
DUbajd6U0AAbKGg.jpg

The NASCAR K&N West Series race that Haillie Deegan won the other night will be broadcast tomorrow on NBCSN at 1PM EST/12PM CST.

VN Store

Back