The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

Yes it is, but the third to last paragraph in the article says why it won't happen. In no way will NASCAR make a decision that would mean "less ticket sales and sponsor dollars". I agree that Busch is ruining the lower series by running in them, but if taking him and other Cup drivers out of them means less money in NASCAR's pockets, you can bet it won't happen.

They just need to set a limit to how many Natinowide races a Cup guy can Run each year. Theres enough guys doing it that you can have 2 or 3 in any given race, without them clogging up the top 10 every week.

They just need to set a limit to how many Natinowide races a Cup guy can Run each year. Theres enough guys doing it that you can have 2 or 3 in any given race, without them clogging up the top 10 every week.

That's not a bad idea. Basically make it were there is at least two or three guys (may be different ones each week) running the races. That way they may not lose as much money in ticket sales and stuff.

If they won't ban them completely doing the following;

* 10 races max in the lower series (Meaning if they do 10 NNS races, they can't run any truck races)
* Make them run for independent teams in the series (Ex. KyBu can't run for JGR)

Reactions: 1 person
I know everyone hates him, but I am excited to see Jacques villenueve this week.

He was a sensation his first two years in F1!

I don't hate him. I do hope one of the regulars puts him in the wall though.

One other idea I had was that they have to start at the tail end of the field to start the race. They could qualify as usual but at the start of the race move to the back as if they had to go to a back up car or change engines.

That wouldn't even slow Rowdy down...

Should have retired years ago, he has only hurt his legacy.

Agreed. You almost forget he was a former Cup champion the way he runs around in 30th place now. I want Mark Martin to retire before he becomes one of those drivers that hang around too long. He's ok now, but he is going that direction in a hurry.

Should have retired years ago, he has only hurt his legacy.

No he hasn't.

Neither did his brother. Or Bill Elliot. Or Darrell Waltrip. Or Richard Petty.

Everybody remembers those guys for wins and championships. Nobody cares that they meandered around in 36th place well past their primes.

VN Store

Back